Sleeping arrangements at daycare

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinsnowwhat, Jun 15, 2010.

1. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

We are having issues with the kiddos playing around in the pack n plays. At what age do/did your daycare switch them to sleeping on mats on the floor?

2. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

Mine switched at 1 year. I still don't know how, but they got them to sleep on mats. I think I would have gone crazy at home without the cribs! They still nap better there at 2.5. I do know that one of the teachers had to sit with Logan until he fell asleep pretty much that whole year.

3. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

You might want to check with their licensing rules. I know at the center I last coordinated for(in Ohio), they didn't transition infants to cots/or mats until they were officially toddlers, which was 18 mos. There are laws that prevent centers from treating infants as toddlers because it changes ratios and such. You may want to check into that,

4. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ours were probably about 1 1/2 when they transitioned to cots at daycare. (They didn't do mats.)

5. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

Our daycare transitions babies from cribs to mats at around 1 year old. When I was trying to find a daycare center for the boys about a month ago I came across at least 2 daycare centers here (in Virginia) that transition them to mats at 1 year old. I wasn't fond of that idea. Luckily even though our boys just turned 1 year old a couple of weeks ago they were placed in the infant room due to their adjusted age (and since they weren't walking or using sippies, etc). I was SO relieved about that too because at least for now they are in cribs. But in another month or two I guess they'll get moved to the young toddler room :-/ I really like the daycare center though plus its affordable and all of the other daycare centers in town have ridiculously long waiting lists. So I'm just hoping when our boys move to the other room that they do okay on the mats. But at least it won't be me having to chase after them when they crawl off the mat :lol: