Sleeping almost through the night? When?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jroberts, Nov 4, 2008.

1. jroberts

jroberts Well-Known Member

At what age did your twins start sleeping 5-6 hours at night? I'm trying to remember with my older children. Its amazing what you forget in just a few years. We're still only going about 2 1/2 to 3 hours at night and i'm so looking forward to the days they sleep longer. My older kids were good sleepers so i'm praying these two take after them.

2. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

3 months

Dianna

3. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

11 months and only with sleep training.

4. rj512

rj512 New Member

My babes started sleeping through the night from about 7-8pm to around 4am at around 3 1/2 months. I think it helped by creating a routine. Sometimes if they woke up in the middle of the night (2-4am) I would definitely try getting them back to sleep by soothing them- rubbing their back, paci,... What I found is that sometimes they are not completely awake, they just needed a little help getting back to a sound sleep.

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

3.5 months is when they started skipping the 10pm feeding... not really helping us, lol. At 4 months they slept through for 2 weeks, then started waking up again usually after 2am. At 6 months they started sleeping until 4-5am, and they've been sleeping through since 7 months.

6. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

I think around 6 to 8 weeks it starts to get better. I think at 6 weeks they were going 4 hours and by 8 weeks they would go up to 6 hours. Hope you get some sleep soon.

7. lanasvik

lanasvik Member

This is such a great question and I think all of us are desperate for an answer, but remind yourself that all babies and situations are different so if your twins aren't where other twins are, it's ok! I know it's hard (it's been hard for us too) but I'm constantly reminded by such wonderful twin parents that this does get better...

With that said, my B/G twins are 7 weeks today. DD will sleep 4-6 hours at a time and DS will sleep about the same give or take. My twins sleep most of the daylight hours as well. Although, last night DS took a feeding at 10pm and then slept until 8am this morning! I'm curious to see how it goes tonight...I'm sure it was a fluke, I'm not holding my breath for another 9 hour night.

Anyway hang in there, the nights are long and the days are even longer. But gosh isn't it so wonderful?

8. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

dd goes 5 out of 7 nights just since this past week or 2, ds- ha! forget about it! hes a handful and up every 3 hours crying

9. chrystalvaughn

chrystalvaughn Well-Known Member

Mine started going that long at about 5 weeks. All babies are different though, but it will come.

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(cvaughn @ Nov 5 2008, 08:02 AM) [snapback]1057059[/snapback]
    Mine started going that long at about 5 weeks. All babies are different though, but it will come.

I echo that...I don't remember when we went 5-6 hours at night but I do remember that they started doing 10+ hours around 10 weeks.

11. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

5-6 hours started happening around 4.5 months....and then it stopped around 8 months. Now they are sleeping 10-11 hours at 10 months. Seems like things are always changing...gotta keep it interesting!

Your babies will get there - hang in there and make sure you sleep whenever you can! :)

12. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Yep, totally different for everyone. You will see a large range of answers. For me, it was about 5 months but they were also 2 months premature.

13. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

By 2 months we were getting 4 hours...now (3 1/2 mo) we get at least 5-6 almost every night except for growth spurts or strange situations and occasionally even 7 hours :Clap: Ditto pps...they'll do it when they're ready! GL and wishing you many naps!

14. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

I think it was around the 3 - 3 and a half month mark. At first it was 6 hours, then it went to 8 within days, and now they are just over 5 months and normally sleep straight through from 8-8.30 til around 6.30 or 7am.

15. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

I was told they start sleeping 5-6 hrs once they reached 11 lbs. Mine started around 11.5 lbs [I think that was just after 2 months]. Now they sleep from 2030 to 0430-0600 [eat] then sleep until 0800 [usually] and they are about 16 lbs. They wake up talking.. not crying :lol:

16. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

At 4 1/2 months they would sleep from about midnight-1am until about 6 or 7am. They didn't STTN (my definition: 8pm-7am) until they were 8 months old.

17. yeacab

yeacab Active Member

4 months with sleep training.

18. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

19. rabresch72

rabresch72 Well-Known Member

My twins were born at 38 weeks and they are just now sleeping 6 hours at night. Last night they slept for 7! Good luck!