sleepiness after hyland's earache drops?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jun 3, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

someone told me the ingredient, BELLADONNA is a sleep aid and therefore, should not be give to the kids.
    for the past 2 days i've been doing ear drops before naps (2) and their bedtime. they slept more so than usual this morning and i was wondering if this happened with anyone else. the ingredient is also in the teething tablets.

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i don't know if belladonna is a sleep aid or not, but i do know that hyland's teething tablets do indicate on the label that they can make babies sleepy due to the decrease in pain they're feeling - then they're able to sleep better.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is true, I also saw the same as Rachel. Not sure about the Belladonna itself.

4. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

They are finally not in pain so they are ABLE to sleep. Poor bubbas! Those ear infections are the WORST!! I'm glad the drops work!! Thanks for lettng everyone know! That's great! Belladonna is something that 'can' make you sleepy but you would have to take TONS and TONS of it- it is not causing them to sleep. Rest assured! :)

5. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

TY!
    someone told me their pedi said not to give them; that the belladonna was a sleep aid! i feel so bad for my little guys...they are finally sleeping back on schedule now!