Skuut Metal Balance Bike-Only $39.99 today at Woot.com

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cjk2002, Mar 29, 2011.

1. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

After I started the topic last week about bikes I was still torn on what to get my 3 year old boys. Today on Kids Woot they have these. Everywhere I have looked, balance bikes start around $80 and with two to buy I really did not want to spend that kind of money.

We were at TRU over the weekend to get an idea as to what size to buy and I really felt the lower end bikes with training wheels were not the greatest of quality. I really did not want to spend $200 for bikes that they will only use for the next few years.

When you do a search on the bike, other places sell them around $90 each so this really is a great deal.

So I've ordered two and I plan on giving to them at Easter. :woohoo:

2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Woo hoo!! I love a great deal!!!

3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

That is a great deal! My girls love love love their balance bikes, but I spent $100 on each of them.

Everyone - get this deal! It's worth it.

4. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

Got two and shipped to my parents in Arizona! Awesome deal!!!!

5. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

Ack! We just put together the Kettler balance bike (all pink!) for DD last night. We were waiting to buy another balance bike until we were sure that they would both want one (DS has a hand-me-down trike that he sits on while I push!). I think I will jump at this deal and get DS one, too.

It seems like too good of deal to pass up!!!

6. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

Oh I am SO tempted - I have wanted to get these for the boys but I am just not sure they are big enough - one of my guys is still real small. What are your thoughts on height before being able to ride these? They would make a great 3rd birthday present :D

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:thanks: for the tip Judy, I will talk to DH about it tonight and see if he wants to order two and is willing to put them together.

8. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've been debating balance bikes since last year! Thank you Judy! We were planning on waiting until we got back from Italy as the kids great grandparents will send them off with money. We were going to use that for the bikes. However, there is no way you can pass up this deal!!! I was able to convince dh as well-I think the price really did him in!

And I posted it to FB and I know of at least two people who went and bought some as well!

Nancy-just be careful-they could be sold out later. I hope Bob says yes! DH doesn't know he has to put them together yet! :laughing:

9. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

[quote name='Shelly's twins' date='29 March 2011 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1301421594' post='1773962']
    Oh I am SO tempted - I have wanted to get these for the boys but I am just not sure they are big enough - one of my guys is still real small. What are your thoughts on height before being able to ride these? They would make a great 3rd birthday present :D[/quote]
    It says the seat is adjustable, although it doesn't mention actual heights. If I were you I'd get them anyway because it's such a great deal. If your smaller twin is too short to use it then you can just hold it back until he grows a bit more.

10. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

Blog post about the bike

Looks like this balance bike is geared toward older preschoolers...
    From the same website linked above: "Skuut has now come out with a Metal balance bike with a high starting seat height and high handlebars which is perfect for taller preschoolers around age 3 1/2 - 5 (or size 4T - 5T). Inseam should be 16.5 for starting on this bike."

11. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

It looks like there is nothing to it as far as assembly. If you click on the photo of the bike in Woot, it shows 5 pieces.

I'm not too worried about the size. When we were at BRU looking at bikes, I felt the 12" bikes were too small for them and I doubt they could use them next summer. If I went with regular bikes I would have bought them 14" or 16" size.

I'm glad everyone was able to get it. I LOVE Woot. :wub:

12. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

Me, too!! I outfitted most of our train table with their deals!

13. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

Yipeeee I just bought them - not sure when the boys will be able to ride them but such a good deal couldnt pass it up!