sippy cups you like/ and storage

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by kim01, Jul 13, 2014.

1. kim01

kim01 Well-Known Member

Ok so we are in the sippy cut stage sigh...
    I don't recall how I stored them when my boys had sippy cups. But it is driving me crazy all the lids and cups. We have a few different ones. But I think we have settled on the tommee tippee ones. We do have a shlelf that has some slide out shlves in them. If I don't find anything else I guess that is what we will use. What cups have you found that you like? We had a Playtex one that was just a piece of crap. It leaked on us for the last time last week. We were at the store and it leaked and I threw it straight into the trash. It was the biggest waste of money!! So what have you found to be a good investment? Do you have a good storage system going?
    TIA

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sippy cup storage was always an issue in our house.  We just never could make the room for them.  I'm going back years, but the ones that worked the best for our kids were the Munchkin straw ones (I don't even know if they are made anymore).

3. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

My favorite cups are the NUK/Gerber sippy cups.  They are easy to clean, easy to drink out of, and have minimal leaking (they do some times leak if the liquid gets stuck between the mouth piece and the valve).  I also found the Playtex ones leaked out the rim.  In my experience, the Tommee Tippee cups were almost impossible for ME to get the liquid out let alone my one year old... maybe I got a bad batch... and I found the two piece valve system annoying to clean.  My second favorite are Munchkin.

Using the sippy cups, I only had two per child - one for milk and one for juice.  Cross contamination in sippy cups was a big pet peeve of mine... who likes their milk tasting like juice, haha!!    I kept them in the refrigerator during the day and hand cleaned them every day or so (we have two refrigerators so the loss of space was aggravating but not detrimental to our food storage!).  I never stored them in a cabinet.  It was a big pain in the butt when I had four kids in sippy cups but now, only my youngest is still using a sippy so having two instead of eight cups is a big upgrade in space for us!!

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I like the sippy cups that don't have separate valves to clean, the lid is all one piece.  I think they are made by Playtex maybe?  Honestly, we keep ours on a drying rack next to the sink. They never make it to a cupboard.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I do use the Playtex ones, but have never really had a problem with leaking, unless the valve wasn't pushed in tightly. I would recommend straw cups if she can do them as they use more muscles which can help with talking later.

As for storage, I cleared out 1/2 of a shelf in a cupboard and that's where they sit. 

6. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Take and Toss.  Cheap and easy to replace when they wear out.  They go through our dishwasher well.  They stack easily.  If Vivi wasn't still using them when we started the twins with them, we would have just had 2-3 stacks of cups beside lids.