Sibling Rivalry in full force. Help!

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by LegsyB, Jul 22, 2015.

1. LegsyB

LegsyB New Member

My boy/girl twins turned 7 in June and they are at each other CONSTANTLY! They have always been close and loving toward each other, but lately the fighting, whining and competing are out of control. Seriously, it's like they're different kids. My daughter in particular is SO whiny about her brother and I seriously can't handle it.

They both share a room due to lack of space. They've both been in different camps here and there throughout the summer and I do my best to give them each space from one another, but with camps ending this week and three weeks out until 2nd grade starts, I'm dreading the constant bickering and whining. Any tips on how to survive sibling rivalry?!?!?! TIA 

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Have you read the book Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber? I have found the tools and principles to be very helpful for our family.

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I don't have any solutions, but it's like that at our house, too.  The constant arguing and fighting is exhausting!!

4. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

Same thing happening here except now they have started hitting and kicking each other :drown: I wish I had answers because it is putting major stress in our home with lots of "quiet time" spend on their beds while they scream and cry why it wasn't their fault. School doesn't restart here until September 8th. I hope we survive.