Should I take my girls back for more pictures?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by AimeeThomp, Nov 7, 2008.

1. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So I bought my girls pettiskirts last Xmas and spent a lot of money on them. I plan on selling them after they wore them for their 1 year pictures. We took them earlier this week and there's not really a picture of the 2 of them together with the skirts on where they both look good. Do you think maybe I should ditch the onesie and take them back with only the skirts and headbands and do it again? Or do you think one of these pics is good enough? I only plan on purchasing 1 family pic, 1 pic of them together (maybe 1 extra in the overalls) and then 1 of each girl by herself. It's too expensive for me to buy lots of pics so I am only getting 4 total. What do you think?

I wish Lily wasn't crying in #34!!!

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Those are DARLING!!! I LOVE THOSE skirts!!! :wub: Darling!!!

I wouldn't be able to tell you what to do, but those are flippin' cute!

3. AimeeThomp

maybe I am being too critical, I'll tell you what I'll never buy an expensive baby item like that again! They look cute in anything you put them in, there's no need for it!

4. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I have OFTEN GUSHED over those skirts. Maybe if my DD liked dressing up! But no chance of that!

After looking again, I would say that the one's where they aren't standing might be the way to go. You still get the skirt effect and they have more agreeable facial expressions. Just a thought! Still darling! 34 is great with one up and one down too!! #40 of Amelia is CLASSIC! 43 both standing is good although Amelia looks like she's gaining her balance and is concentrating and the onesie sorta over powers the skirt. I think that's why I like the floor stuff!

5. AimeeThomp

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Nov 7 2008, 04:27 PM) [snapback]1061300[/snapback]
    I have OFTEN GUSHED over those skirts. Maybe if my DD liked dressing up! But no chance of that!

After looking again, I would say that the one's where they aren't standing might be the way to go. You still get the skirt effect and they have more agreeable facial expressions. Just a thought! Still darling! 34 is great with one up and one down too!! #40 of Amelia is CLASSIC! 43 both standing is good although Amelia looks like she's gaining her balance and is concentrating and the onesie sorta over powers the skirt. I think that's why I like the floor stuff!

I think the photographer kept wanting them to stand b/c the pics are part of the "watch me grow" series so this would be the end of the series with them standing - but the skirt looks a lot cuter when they are sitting.

6. bridgeport

bridgeport Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have to say if you think those aren't absolutely adorable, then you're being far too critical!!! I think you have a lot of great options - and to think you're going to get any better out of two one year olds is probably expecting a bit much. ;)

7. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Those pics are gorgeous!! I don't see any need whatsoever to go back and get them re-done! Your girls are adorable! :wub:

8. AimeeThomp

QUOTE(BridgePort @ Nov 7 2008, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1061334[/snapback]
    Yeah, I have to say if you think those aren't absolutely adorable, then you're being far too critical!!! I think you have a lot of great options - and to think you're going to get any better out of two one year olds is probably expecting a bit much. ;)

Okay, thanks - I wish I could get them to both look at the camera and smile at the same time but I guess that ain't gonna happen. I'm going to sell the skirts and make my money back and then buy them more in a bigger size for my "dream girly picture" for one day. At what age will they both look at the camera and smile? 2?

I love girly stuff, can you tell?

9. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Nov 7 2008, 05:02 PM) [snapback]1061337[/snapback]
    Those pics are gorgeous!! I don't see any need whatsoever to go back and get them re-done! Your girls are adorable! :wub:

I agree! Those are the cutest pictures! It's almost impossible to get them both looking perfect, but I think you have some great choices there. I couldn't even begin to pick a favorite!

10. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Those pictures are absolutely adorable! I like some of the ones where one of the girls is sitting and one is standing, and well, just all of them. They really capture the essence of one year olds!

11. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

i also think the ones you got are super cute, and no need to do re-takes--but will your photographer charge you a sitting fee for another sitting? if not, go for it! i see nothing wrong with going back and getting what you want. BUT i do think you got some wonderful shots of them already.

12. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

alright Aimee - here's my opinion....

FIRST OF ALL -- THEY ARE ADORABLE!!! seriously! if you want to see professional pics gone bad - email me and I'd be glad to share some - LOL
    you have so many good options to choose from.. I know it's hard when before you go you have the *pefect* image in your mind of how they're going to turn out and be 110% perfect! but again.. these REALLY TRULY did turn out beautiful and those skirts! AHHHH!! love them!!!

ok.. onto the question at hand...
    I think you should purchase the photos you indicated:
    1 of the family
    1 of them together
    1 of each of them individually

You're obviously going to choose the individual ones that have the absolute cutest face of each of them...
    after you've purchased them.. send me the one of them together and the individual ones and I'll do a head swap for you and so you'll have the cutest faces on the one of them together :) problem solved - LOL
    seriously... if you want we can do that :)

13. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

I think you have some great shots! Sometimes you need another opinion.
    (like TS :)

The girls look adorable. You will be able to sell the pettiskirts, don't worry. If I had two
    girls, I would want to doll them up too!

14. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Those are absolutely adorable pictures. I saw several pictures with both girls that I really liked, including the one where she was crying. I really like those kinds of pictures--where the kids are upset--because they bring back such neat memories of the day. I have several pictures that I intentionally purchased where the girls where all mad so that I could embarrass them when they got older :D

15. AimeeThomp

QUOTE(shandy @ Nov 7 2008, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1061407[/snapback]
    alright Aimee - here's my opinion....

FIRST OF ALL -- THEY ARE ADORABLE!!! seriously! if you want to see professional pics gone bad - email me and I'd be glad to share some - LOL
    you have so many good options to choose from.. I know it's hard when before you go you have the *pefect* image in your mind of how they're going to turn out and be 110% perfect! but again.. these REALLY TRULY did turn out beautiful and those skirts! AHHHH!! love them!!!

ok.. onto the question at hand...
    I think you should purchase the photos you indicated:
    1 of the family
    1 of them together
    1 of each of them individually

You're obviously going to choose the individual ones that have the absolute cutest face of each of them...
    after you've purchased them.. send me the one of them together and the individual ones and I'll do a head swap for you and so you'll have the cutest faces on the one of them together :) problem solved - LOL
    seriously... if you want we can do that :)

Ooh good idea, Shandy, you are so nice. I love the other ones you've done for me.

Thank you guys for all the nice comments, the more I look at them the more I like them :)

It's true, I just had this vision of these perfect smiley girls with the beautiful skirts and my girls acted like 1 year olds...nothing wrong with that ;)

16. twingirls52905

twingirls52905 Well-Known Member

They are ALL adorable, but my faves are #s 26 & 40 individually, #s 32 & 9 together, #s 2,14, 19 family wise. You have a beautiful family.

17. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Aimee, :wub: I was expecting to open that link and see not so great pictures but good Lord, what beautiful pictures!!!! :wub: :wub: Love the skirts... love the family pictures... love the girls! :good: Have fun making some hard decisions!!!

18. anicosia

anicosia Well-Known Member

I love #32. I'd get it and hang it with #40 and #26. How sweet that would be. I also reallylike the tighter family shots. You can really see everyone's sweet little face in those. Positively adorable.

19. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Oh they are so cute!!!!

Shandy is so sweet!! What a grea idea!!

I love 43 and 32. I really think they came out great!!

20. AimeeThomp

I wouldn't get charged another sitting fee. I think I am going to choose out of the ones I already have though. And then the photographer has offered to buy the skirts from me, and I am going to look for some size 24 month skirts for next year's pictures. I have an entire year to find them for cheap on e-bay ;)

21. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

QUOTE(aimeethomp @ Nov 7 2008, 11:02 PM) [snapback]1061340[/snapback]
    Okay, thanks - I wish I could get them to both look at the camera and smile at the same time but I guess that ain't gonna happen. I'm going to sell the skirts and make my money back and then buy them more in a bigger size for my "dream girly picture" for one day. At what age will they both look at the camera and smile? 2?

:rotflmbo: NO. Questions about that, just check out my avatar for how a good picture can be ruined during the two-year old phase.

I have finally come to the realization with some help of a photographer friend of mine that sometimes the best pictures are the ones where everybody isn't smiling and looking at the camera. Now, this doesn't mean that there are crying tantrums, but capturing the natural interaction of people has created some of the pictures that I love the most of my family. I have 3 huge pictures in the other room and the kids aren't looking at the camera and smiling in any of them.

I think the pictures you have are beautiful. I would not ask for another sitting.

22. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Aimee, those are better than any pics I have ever had taken of the twins! I haven't had pro pics done since they were 1! They cry too much when I take them!

Great pics, seriously!

23. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Just adorable! Those pettiskirts were the cutest things I have ever seen.

24. *Sully*

*Sully* Well-Known Member

QUOTE(aimeethomp @ Nov 7 2008, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1061340[/snapback]

Love them! I think you can find some good ones in the mix. Your family is gorgeous! I think you have a good plan for the photo of your dreams. ;)

25. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

I think youare being way too critical.( that being said of course everyone is their own worst critic) Those are the MOST darling pictures, I absolutley love #27 and 29. And had you not said i would not have thought the one twin was crying in #34. I do like the ones where they are sitting the best. What adorable girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. E & J's Mom

E & J's Mom New Member

QUOTE(twingma @ Nov 8 2008, 07:52 PM) [snapback]1062645[/snapback]
    I think youare being way too critical.( that being said of course everyone is their own worst critic) Those are the MOST darling pictures, I absolutley love #27 and 29. And had you not said i would not have thought the one twin was crying in #34. I do like the ones where they are sitting the best. What adorable girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all of your pictures, especially #29. They really all are great. Mine are 19 months old and I am still waiting for the time they will both look at the camera at the same time, let alone actually smile. You really do have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

27. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

Really? I think they both look adorable in pretty much every picture! In fact, I think they're perfection.

28. annelily2000

annelily2000 Well-Known Member

Aimee they are perfect!

29. sthomas81

sthomas81 Well-Known Member

I think those turned out beautiful. Your little girls are so adorable!! I don't think you need to go down and get more picture done at all I think you have a lot of great ones to choose from.

30. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

I think they are beautiful!! I honestly only really looked at the ones of them together since you mentioned you didnt think you had a really good one of them together, but I think 29 31 32 43 and 44 are all pretty good.
    Good luck trying to decide which ones to get! Thats part of the reason I dont do many professional pics, b/c they are so expensive and I would want to get them all, even if I didnt like them much. ;)