Should I go to L/D?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ittybittyme, Dec 28, 2007.

1. ittybittyme

ittybittyme Banned

I have been having cramping all day, but no spotting. They have gotten so bad that I have about doubled over in pain. DH is upstairs feeding the twins, should I go in and get checked? I had this with the twins, I am fearing that this pregnancy is going to end now....I dunno why.

TIA!

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I think its better to be safe than sorry. Peace of mind can really go a long way. I hope everything is OK!

3. ittybittyme

ittybittyme Banned

Quick update: I'm on my way out of here... to l/d....my friend Mary is going to watch the girls and DH is taking me. They are getting worse and nothing I do is seeming to end them. Some one will update when there is something to update about.

Please say some prayers.

4. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

I am praying for you and your little one. Hang in there.

5. angelcake

angelcake Well-Known Member

I'm praying for you, baby and all.

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99:
    angel

6. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I hope and pray everything is fine. Keep us updated. I know I had bad round ligament pain around that time. But that would come and go...nothing consistant. The only other thing I can think of is if you have some intestinal distress that might be giving you pain.

7. ittybittyme

ittybittyme Banned

Hi, this is Amanda's friend Mary....

Mike called me....

the news isn't good at the moment....she's having regular contractions...and leaking aminiotic fluid. She's dialated 1/2cm-1cm and 70% aphased (sp?)....they have her on terbutaline (sp?) and monitoring her. Mike said if her water breaks, there is nothing they can do and they won't resusatate any baby under 23 weeks of age.

Please keep her in ur prayers....I will update if something happens.

Edited to say: She had the same problems with her twin pregnancy and was dialated like this at 24 weeks and they were able to hold off the labor. We are all hoping the same will happen again.

8. Kyrstyn

Im praying for her and her little one. Hopefully they can get it under control. Im so glad she went in. Thanks for the update!

9. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

oh wow... will be praying for her and little hannah ruth.

10. Joyful

Joyful Well-Known Member

I'm praying

11. angelcake

angelcake Well-Known Member

Going to continue praying and say a rosary for her and hannah.

angel

12. ittybittyme

ittybittyme Banned

The 8:26 update from Mary....

I had just gotten Cailyn and Emily down (they were screaming for their momma and dadda) and Mike called like right after they quit crying. The contractions have stopped for now....but she's still having abdominal pain. They are ruling things out from appendicitus to her gall bladder to an obstruction.....hopefully its ligament pain or her c-section scar expanding with her uterus.

Mike said she's going to be kept for up to 3 days and she's going on home bedrest. She was given a steroid shot also today. I will update again if I hear anything new. Thankfully everything is calm at the moment.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

13. Kyrstyn

Glad to hear things are mellowing out, and she is doing well. Im so happy to hear that she got the steroid shots, my girls were 28 weekers and I got them and I swear by them!

14. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

she is in my thoughts and prayers. thanks for keeping us posted!! :hug99:

15. ittybittyme

ittybittyme Banned

10:30 update from Mary--- I have been asked to stay the night here and one of their siblings is suppose to come over and help me through the night. Everything is still stable. :D The pain she's still having is her uterine scar stretching they believe. She's just having alot of pain down there. No contractions since the last update. :) Thanks again everyone! If anything changes during the night and over the next few days, will let you know. Amanda should be home on sunday or monday they said if all continues going this way.

16. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping us updated Mary! I hope everything turns out alright!! This must be very scary for her and everyone!

17. UD Flyer

UD Flyer Well-Known Member

Amanda and her family is in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated, Mary.

18. djpizzuti

djpizzuti Well-Known Member

My prayers are with her and her little family.

Donna

19. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

I'm glad they were able to stop the contractions. I'll be thinking of Amanda this weekend.

20. ittybittyme

ittybittyme Banned

The latest:

Amanda had a good night and everything is still the same. She's hoping to go home tomorrow. She will update you all when she gets home.

Thanks for all of the prayers and thoughts.

Mary

21. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm just now getting caught up on what's going on. Definitely keeping Amanda, baby and her family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she gets to come home soon and I'm glad they got the contractions stopped and got the steriod shots in her. Best of luck.

22. firemedic

Continuing to pray.

23. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Amanda your family is in my prayers. I am glad thing have gotten better and will keep praying that you and your baby are safe.

24. ittybittyme

ittybittyme Banned

Amanda gave birth this evening at 7:33pm to Hannah Ruth..she weighed 1lb 1oz and 11 inches long. Again this hospital does not do anything to try and save a baby born this premature. I rushed up to the hospital with Cailyn and Emily so they could meet and see their baby sister. Amazingly it took me only 10 minutes to get up there and she was still alive when we arrived. Hannah Ruth passed away at 7:46 in her mom's arms with her daddy, sisters, the family that could make it up there in time.

I am sure Amanda will update when she's able. I am in a state of shock right now, its amazing to me that she lived for any amount of time being this early. She was perfect...10 fingers and toes, two fully-formed ears. She looked like a normal baby to me.

Mike said they are going to have her cremated and have a service sometime next week.

Amanda, Mike and their family would like to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks again to everyone here for them over the past 24 hours or so.

Mary

Edited to say: I wish everyone still expecting all of the best with their baby (ies) to be. Thanks so much again.

25. kt7776

kt7776 Well-Known Member

I had never visited this particular forum until last night. I have been checking here for updates today and I am completely heartbroken to read this latest update. Amanda, Mike and girls-- I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain. May God cover you with peace and comfort during this time in your lives.

26. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so sorry to read this update, and so sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.

27. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

I'm just now seeing this post--

:hug99: Amanda-I am so sorry for your family's loss. We are here for you whenever you need us.

28. UD Flyer

UD Flyer Well-Known Member

Amanda, I am truly sorry for your loss. I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. :hug99:

29. firemedic

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine your pain.

30. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug99: Sorry for your loss!

31. becky5

becky5 Guest

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug99:

32. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug99:

33. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss :hug99:

34. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I am just seeing this now. I am so saddened beyond words. I pray that Amanda, Mike and the children to find peace during this very difficult time. :hug99:

35. ~Laura M~

~Laura M~ Well-Known Member

I am just seeing this thread :cray: I am so sorry to read this news. I have experienced a loss at about the same gestational age and I want you to know that I completely understand and I am here for you if you need me. When you are ready, please visit Parental Grief, so that you can lean on us. I am praying for you and your family right now.

:hug99: