Should I bring clothes for the twins to wear in the hospital or just for the day home?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TiffanyRH, Jan 6, 2013.

1. TiffanyRH

TiffanyRH Active Member

When my daughter was born, she wore the hospital clothes then I just brought her a going home outfit, but I have seen a lot of people lately having their babies where there own clothes while in the hospital. What did u do?

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

my mom went out and bought several outfits because mine were preemie sized (3.5 and 4.5 lbs) and the hospital clothes swallowed them up!

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

My boys wore hospital clothes until they came home.

4. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Mine wore hospital clothes.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hospital clothes until going home day... Although we were more of a diaper and swaddle kind of crowd so they actually didn't wear anything most of the time.

6. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

I just had my son in July. I had thought wearing hospital clothes would be fine . . . until I saw another boy in his cute truck hat. Needless to say, within the hour, DS was in his dinosaur hat with a star blanket. It's totally a personal choice, but if you are already wondering about it, chances are you will want something more personal. My twins were in the NICU, and they did have some "real" clothes there for the girls to use. I recall being so excited when they were out of the bland white karate shirts and into a onesie.

7. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Mine wore the hospital karate t-shirts but we had our own blankets that we'd swaddle them with occasionally, that was advice from the TS gals bc we have cats and I didn't want them freaking out when the twins came home so Marshall would bring home those blankets for the cats to smell. Seemed to work bc the cats were great when the babies came home. Other than that we just had their home coming outfit.

8. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Hospital clothes until trip home. :) (me too!)

9. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

The hospitals here don't supply you with anything unless your baby is in the NICU or Special Care Nursery. I brought everything with me from their close, blankets, to diapers and wipes.

10. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine wore the hospital t-shirts/hats and diapers until it was time for pictures and to head home. It's totally up to you!! :good: