Should I be so worried?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinkler, Jul 28, 2011.

1. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'm worrying unnecessarily here...

But I haven't felt Twin B move since Wed night (it's now Friday morning)... I hardly slept last night, trying to 'poke' her..

The weird things is that Twin A is now being really active, it's always been the other way around.

I'll be giving the clinic a call a bit later, but I just wanted to post and see if anyone else has has similar experiences.

The other thing I thought it could be is that Twin B has kicked Twin A out of position...

I'm a bit scared to be honest..

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wouldn't wait - I would call, or even just go in, and get checked.

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wouldn't wait either; chances are everything is fine as it's hard to tell who is who in there sometimes, but it doesn't hurt to get checked out!

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If you are nervous enough to post about it, go get your peace of mind. :hug:

...& update us. :)

5. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I agree, go get checked out. I do remember being in the final trimester and my baby A (Sarah) decided to cool it just a bit and not move. I was terrified. Turns out, she had moved down into head down position and was really low and just didn't have the room anymore to move about. I hope everthing turns out okay!

6. twinkler

Off to get it checked out now - called them and they are waiting for me to come in...

...will update when I return..

thank you all for your support, it pushed me into making that call...

7. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

I'm impressed! I always had so much movement I could never tell what was A or what was B. Good luck!

8. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

I hope things are ok.

9. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I hope that all is well! :hug:

10. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I hope all is well.

11. twinkler

Just got back from the hospital - all is well! :Clap: Yay!!:Clap:

As soon as the nurse put the heart monitor straps on, they both started kicking!!! Can't believe I was actually happy to be kicked so vigorously! Nurse said that this happens each and every time :lol:

What a relief - whew! Not sure why Twin B was so quiet but so glad all is well. Didn't get to see the doctor even though I waited for nearly an hour after the tests, she just didn't show and I was so hungry I decided to go...

Thank you all for your good vibes and wishes, I can't tell you enough how much it meant to me to hear your words of support both before and after - You guys are the best! :friends:

Tas xxx

12. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Hooray! My girls did that to me a few times and I think it's always best to follow your gut and go in. Glad to hear everybody is well!

13. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Yay!!! Glad everyone is just fine!

14. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thank you for the update! Glad everything is okay.

15. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so glad you went in and checked and now can relax!! You did the right thing!!
    Thanks so much for updating us!

Having two in there is so HARD to tell who is kicking what! :babyflips: :babyflips:

16. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Hi, I am glad to hear all is well. I just wanted to tell you my experience. My baby A was Vanessa and she was situated in my uterus with her back towards the front of my belly and she was always breech, never flipped, so whenever she kicked me, I felt it inside, towards my back or my kidneys so to speak and even then I wasn't sure if it was her doing the kicking or her brother. I rarely felt her move by pressing on my stomach, at times there would be days when I couldn't feel anything on her side. It always freaked me out, but my OB assured me she was active and well all the time. I never went in to check especially but whenever I had an appointment I was mentioning it to the OB and he always reassured me she was fine. Funny thing is that now she is the one that is more loud and active comparing to her brother. The only time I was sure it was her was when she had the hickups.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

17. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I would call the doctor and ask to be seen. I had to do the same thing as I was only feeling the baby on the left and not on the right. Turns out that the twin on the right moved so much that his legs were right above the baby on the left so i was feeling both of them in the same place. GL

18. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I could never tell which baby was which (unless I was getting kicked right in the ribs, which was Amy, or right in the cervix, which was Sarah). So I used to worry about that, even though I was getting kicked everywhere all the time! :ibiggrin:

Anyway, glad to hear everything is OK. It's never a bad idea to go get checked out.