Shoes and wide feet

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by shelbaz, Mar 9, 2011.

1. shelbaz

shelbaz Well-Known Member

My twins are just short of 17 months. My girl has wide feet every time we get her measured. My son has extra wide feet-and super huge length wise too. How come I cannot find many wide shoes, let alone extra wide, at normal stores like walmart, target, kohl's, etc? We have been going to Stride Rite for shoes but darn they are expensive!

I am thinking about summer and probably needing two pairs of shoes each, one sneaker, one sandal, and am wincing at the 40 per pair price tag, when they outgrow them in a couple months anyways.

Anyone know of a good website for wide/extra wide toddler shoes? Or a store other than the expensive mall ones?

2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Zappos is good, you can search for kids wide width shoes. New balance makes wide widths. Also, we have a stride rite outlet near us where we buy older DS's shoes.

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Stride Rite outlet here, too. My DH has caveman feet, so I feel your pain. Oh, & Ross sometimes has Stride Rite shoes for cheap but you have to really hunt for them.

4. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

My boys both have wide feet, so I hear you! I have found a few pairs on eBay. As soon as they go into one size, I start checking regularly for the next 1/2 size and size up and then put them away for later (you can set up eBay so that it emails you every time something new that is what you are looking for is listed). Also, I have randomly found a pair or two at the local consignment shop. And yes, many times I end up just biting the bullet and buying new Stride Rites. It's not easy with the wide sizes, but we are managing so far.

5. kgar

kgar Well-Known Member

I've discovered that Crocs fit my wide-foot girl pretty well. I usually buy them at consignment sales for $4 or $5 a pair.

6. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

Shoe Depot around here...I paid around $25 for the last pair of Nike...

7. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

Crocs definitely run wide. Surprisingly, Old navy shoes run wide as well. My girls have wide feet and the ON shoes are too wide for them.

8. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

I just got some for my girls at Payless. They have wide width infant shoes and with the BOGO deal they were cheap (about $8 a pair).

9. shelbaz

shelbaz Well-Known Member

Add old navy and payless to my list of places to try. Awesome, thanks ladies!!!

10. betha

betha Well-Known Member

My son has really wide feet and my DD is wide. I used to buy at our Stride Rite outlet, but I got tired of driving an hour in traffic to get there. I was told that Skechers run wide (especially the styles that are skater shoes). We went to the Skechers outlet near our house, and got a good deal...something like buy one get another for half off. They seem to work well. My twins are in a growth spurt now, so I will be going back soon.