Shoes AND Socks in cold weather?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Britten, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Britten

Britten Well-Known Member

We're heading north for a couple of weeks and I'm not sure what I need for on their feet! Here in Florida it's either barefoot or just light socks. But only putting socks on them when it's 30 degrees doesn't seem like enough. Do I need to buy some kind of shoes for them and if so what kind??

2. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

The Target Robeez knockoffs are great. They stay on so their feet won't get cold by them pulling the socks off.

3. sarat

sarat Active Member

We like pedipeds up here. Ours don't pull them off yet, though who knows when that will start! Good luck with your trip, and you may want to check ebay for deals!

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ktfan @ Jan 12 2008, 08:26 AM) [snapback]569213[/snapback]
    The Target Robeez knockoffs are great. They stay on so their feet won't get cold by them pulling the socks off.

:good: Or any kind of slipons for kids. If you get shoes, it will be a PITA for you to get them on and they may not be as comfortable. Have fun up north!! :)

5. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I don't put shoes on Katie in the cold weather. I just put a thick sleeper on her and a hat and blankets around her.

6. Appymomma

Appymomma Well-Known Member

Robeez and the knock offs are the standard around here! Plus they are addictingly adorable!
    I don't know about where you are, but here the ToysR Us has like everything marked way way down because they are doing inventory next week! 25 cent packs of underwear for girls, need I say more?

7. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(KYsweetheart @ Jan 12 2008, 10:13 AM) [snapback]569270[/snapback]
    I don't put shoes on Katie in the cold weather. I just put a thick sleeper on her and a hat and blankets around her.

This is what I did too. On really cold days, I put socks on them under their one piece outfit.

8. gottagiggle&twins

gottagiggle&twins Well-Known Member

I got my beebs each a pair of Zutano cozy booties. They stay on really well, are hard for them to pull off, and are fleece and cozy warm. I highly suggest trying them. We love them :)

9. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I hate the look of Robeez and bought "prewalkers" shoes at BRU - they looked like regular shoes but were soft and had no stiff firm bottom - and they looked like real shoes...

10. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Robeez Booties are wonderful.

11. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I have robeez shoes and boots for my girls and have never once put them on them. We live in the NE and I either have them in footed sleepers or socks. If we go out and its super cold I have them in their bundleme's in the car seats or in their fleece one-piece snow suits over their footed sleepers. The reason I don't put the robeez on is because they fight me and point their toes and then try to grab and pull them off their feet. Now that they are cruising I realize I have to get them used to it, but for now, its just not worth the fight. I wouldn't worry about using both shoes and socks. Have fun!