She's here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by slugrad1998, Oct 24, 2011.

1. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

All things considered, this pregnancy went pretty fast. I think running around after 2 year olds made the weeks fly by before I realized it! The last month was really crazy. You guys may remember that I was going back and forth between a VBAC and a C Section for a lot of the pregnancy. I had finally decided that I would do the VBAC because I was going to have to deliver at the larger hospital for insurance reasons, so of course when I went in to the doctor at 36 weeks she was transverse. I tried everything I could to get her to flip over the next few weeks. She's apparently a stubborn little thing because we got close to the end and she was still in the same place. I asked about external version but my doctor didn't think she would stay vertex so I got the scheduled C Section at 39 weeks exactly.

So, at 9:12 AM on October 14, Gianna Sophia entered the world, She came out screaming and is absolutely beautiful. She weighed 7 lb 14 oz and was 19 3/4 inches. What surprises me is that she was 2 weeks later than the twins and she was only 2 oz and 1/4 inch larger than my girl twin! The hospital stay was as good as a hospital stay could be. The in hospital recovery was easier and it was a Baby Friendly hospital which made a huge difference compared with my stay after the twins. They had my husband do skin-to-skin in the OR and as soon as I got into the recovery room she was in my arms and nursing. She never left my room except for about 30 min a day when they did their weighing, pku testing, etc. My milk was in by day 2 and she was already gaining weight before we went home!

Twins are doing well with their new baby sister. At first DS cried because he was confused about what was going on, but he loves his "Baby Gigi" and DD wants to hold her and "pet her" all the time. They haven't been the least bit jealous. The only hard part is that I am not allowed to lift them and DS really likes me to hold him. I'm still pretty sore but each day gets better. I'll be excited to hear how everyone else does with the rest of their pregnancies and I will see you guys over on the first year forum.

Here are some pictures from the hospital for those who are interested Gianna

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Congratulations!!! Welcome Gianna to the world. :wub: She's a cutie!

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: Congratulations!! She's beautiful. :wub:

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! She is adorable! Love the kangaroo care photos! Sorry you didn't get your VBAC, but at least she is healthy. I hope her stubborn stage ended with her birth! Haha!

5. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

she's so pretty!

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Awww she's precious!! Congratulations! Happy Birthday Gianna!

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

She's beautiful :wub: Congratulations! :welcome: to the world Gianna (and such a beautiful name too)!

8. Lougood

Lougood Well-Known Member

She's beautiful! :wub: Congrats!!!

9. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! She's so cute!

10. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your birth story! I love birth stories. She's absolutely beautiful, but I know I've said that on facebook too! :)