She's Here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AmberG, Oct 7, 2010.

1. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Well I didn't have to do the induction after all. I had one scheduled for this Saturday, but baby girl had other plans. Lila Eve was born on Tuesday morning, Oct. 5th. I went into labor Monday afternoon after having my membranes stripped by my OB earlier that day. I labored all evening and all night, still questioning whether this was the "real thing." I was having really intense, painful contractions, but they weren't that close together. They were 10 minutes apart for most of the night and eventually got to 5-8 minutes apart. I finally woke up DH and we went to the hospital. I arrived and was already 10 cm! I was totally shocked and so was the midwife at the hospital. (Granted I was already 4 cm before I went into labor, so I had a head start). So there was no time for an epidural. I started pushing and pushed for 20 minutes. Lila was born about an hour after we got to the hospital. I feel so much better this time, compared to when I had the twins and had basically ever intervention except for a C-section. Having a natural birth was intense and painful, but a great experience. We got home from the hospital yesterday and my milk is already coming in. (Day 2 versus day 5 with the twins). Lila is nursing great, is healthy and we're all doing well. Logan and Charlotte (21 months old) are very interested in their little sister. They love to kiss her and hold her (with help).

Thanks for reading!

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Aww, Amber! Congrats on your little girl!

What a great birth story- thank you for sharing. :)

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! What a nice story. :)

4. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Congratulations and so glad everything went well!

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

congratulations!

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Congratulations!!! :Clap:

7. kma13

kma13 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

8. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

FINALLY!!!! :laughing:

Glad you had a great birth experience! Wow.. 10 cm when you got to the hospital. I was only 6 and it took 9 hours for E to be born! Congratulations on your little surprise package! Did you know it was going to be a girl?

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! Welcome to the world Lila!

10. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I can't wait to be able to post that my lil one is here. three more weeks.

11. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Congratulations Amber, and welcome Lila Eve!! I'm glad things went so well. :)

12. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Yes, we knew we were having a girl. Forgot to mention that she was 8 lbs, 8 oz, bigger than we expected.

13. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!!!:) and I thought I was crazy going in at 8cm!!:) Awesome birth story! Enjoy your new little girl:)

14. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats!! :wub:

With my first birth I showed up at the hospital dilated to a 10 also!! Glad everything went great and your little darling is nursing well!! Take care!

15. TennesseeMomma

TennesseeMomma Well-Known Member

Congratulations! That is an awesome story! Glad everything went so well for you!

16. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Beautiful name. I can't believe 10cm!!