She's here... 38 weeks 5 days!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by BBCanadianTwins, Sep 10, 2008.

1. BBCanadianTwins

BBCanadianTwins Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

Please send Praise to God that our beautiful and perfect little girl arrived into the world healthy and happy after a long delivery!

Gabriella Josephine

arrived Monday Sept 8th at 10:07 pm after a full night and day of labor and 2 1/2 hours of pushing. She was born 8 pounds even and 20 inches long. She has dark hair and dark eyebrows and a lovely sweet disposition. She has been nursing excellently.

Mom and baby are healthy and resting at home. Big brothers are thrilled to have the baby "Out" :)

We almost didn't have our VBAC as my Uterus was being lazy and cervix took a hell of a long time to dilate. I also had a lot of weird scary blood that thanfully ended up only being from my cervix and not a scar tear. Thankfully I had a patient Midwife and an OB willing to slowly and carefully use a drug to get my Uterus into gear (not usual protocal after C section). I had half the room saying C section and the other half saying let's try the Drug first. I of course was bawling that I wanted a vaginal so I could take care of my babies. Meanwhile I had a splitting headache, hadn't ate in 24 hours and my whole lower body was frozen from the waist down from an Epidural that was supposed to be "walking". Very freaky to not be able to use your body to move around and deliver your baby.

Eventually the epidural wore off and I was better able to push. Baby was large for my bone structure and coming down not so perfect so after alot of pushing, turning she had to be cut out eventually.

Long story short - PERFECT baby, okay delivery, and VERY painful mountainous hemhorroids - HAHAA!

More later...

BB

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your VBAC! Sorry it took so long and a lot out of you! I am so happy she is healthy!! Can't wait for pictures! :)

3. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

:D Congrats!!! :banana:

4. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your VBAC! :Clap: I'm glad you had a good doc and midwife who gave you time to labor and were willing to try a few things before pulling out the C word. :hug: Great job growing that baby! :D

5. denali_ice

denali_ice Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. AliTown2

AliTown2 Well-Known Member

Congrats! Glad your vbac went well and you have a healthy baby in your arms:)

7. jillangel

jillangel Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

8. jamey2193

jamey2193 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your VBAC and your precious little girl. :banana:

9. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your VBAC. Beautiful name!! I cant wait for pictures.

10. li li

li li Well-Known Member

Wonderful news - both the VBAC and your gorgeous daughter. Huge Congratulations.
    Do hope you heal quickly.
    lisa

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Congrats Momma! :Clap:

Welcome Gabriella Josephine to the world! :wub: What a beautiful name! :)

12. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Congrats on your DD!!! What a beautiful name! That's great that the drs. were able to work with you through the VBAC>..awesome! I can't wait to see pics!