Shaving legs...

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Oneplus2more, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I was so not prepared for this summer! So, we tackled the bra issue. Then last week she asked my advice for flirting with a boy at camp. That was one weird conversation.  :lol:  I am glad she felt she could talk to me about it, there is no way I would have ever asked my mom that.

Today she asked if she can start shaving her legs!! Several of the girls from school already are. I always planned to let the girls set the pace on things like this, so I guess she can. Is 11 a common age for this? Any tips for new shavers? Should I have her use Nair instead? I remember cutting myself up pretty bad the first couple times. 

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I started shaving my pits at 9 and my legs at 11 or so - I think Schick makes a wire wrapped razor so it can't slide sideways and slice your legs.  Venus razors are also nice

3. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Both of my girls shave their arm pits. Sydney started about a year ago at age 9. Dani started about a month ago
    I let sydney pick out her ravor. Explained to put lots of shaving cream on wet shin, go over skin very gently. They both did great. Sydney would only shave with me in the bathroom for a while, but once dani started shaving she got over that.