shampoo

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by snyx, Aug 9, 2014.

1. snyx

snyx Active Member

What do you gals use to watch your children's hair? We've used the same thing since they were newborns (generic version of J&J No Tears), but it doesn't do a great job, and sunscreen-in-the-hair is a real PITA!

Any good shampoo recommendations for 4-year-olds?

2. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

We use the Suave Kids 2-in-1 (shampoo and conditioner in one).  Smells nice, price is nice, no tears, and gets their hair soft and clean.  I haven't had any trouble with getting sunscreen or anything greasy or crusty out of their hair with just a single shampooing.

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

We use Suave kids 2-n-1 too. They love picking out the different scents and we haven't had an issues with it getting their hair clean. I do use a separate conditioner on Rea's hair every other washing because her hair is prone to really bad tangles and the little extra conditioner helps. (We use tangle spray every day.) 

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Suave 2&1 here as well:). If it's not greasy I do use the all over hair and body wash from j&j and it does well and spritz her hair with some detangler after.

5. JuliaS82

JuliaS82 Active Member

Burt's Baby Bee shampoo & wash. We went through several shampoos that were doing weird things to my kids' scalps. This one is gentle and works great, even with daily sunscreen being applied at preschool. :)

6. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I am not sure if your kids are boys or girls. My kids will be 4 in Sept. I think with boys it's easier and for girls with longer hair it may be complicated.

My son has short hair - with him - whatever goes, I can still use the wash I used when they were babies, or whatever shampoo I use for his sister.

My daughter has thick long wavy hair and she HATES washing her hair or brushing her hair - but she likes to have long hair :). I researched the issue - I actually had a thread on this site about her hair issues a while back. The one shampoo and conditioner that I really like for her is Original Sprout - we buy it on Amazon- but it was recommended to me at the kids' hair cutting place we bring them to cut their hair.. It's supposed to be tear free and all natural and I used it for my hair also and I love it for myself also. Her hair is really nice after we wash it with that and it smells great too. Also, the same lady recommended The Knot genie - it's a miracle brush for girls who can't stand brushing their hair and the Original Sprout Miracle Detangler - that's a finishing spray that helps with knots and with frizz. I use that for my hair also every day when I brush my hair, it's really lightweight and I think it works better for my hair than the professional similar products for grown ups. I apply the detangler on wet hair after I shampoo and condition her hair and then it's really easy to brush - also the genie helps. Finally I found something that works for her hair - but it took me a few years of trial and error :).

7. snyx

snyx Active Member

Thank you for the advice! Suave got the most votes, so I'll give that a try :)