separating the twins

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ADC17, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ADC17

ADC17 Well-Known Member

My boys have always slept in the same room together for every day since they were conceived! however, their naps were getting to be horrible with them just jumping up and down and playing and talking for over an hour each nap. So i finally did it. I separated them for naps and i feel AWFUL. They both CRY CRY CRY now for at least 20-25 minutes. They so obviously miss the presence of their brother, i can't believe it. I feel especially bad for the one that got relegated to the playpen in the other room because not only does he not have his brother, but he's in a strange bed in a strange room. He cries much longer than his brother for this reason.

did anyone else separate their twins into different rooms? at what age? and was it heart-wrenchingly horrible? please tell me it gets better!
    arda

2. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

I always had mine seperated for naps, ds always sleeps much longer than dd. One thing you may want to do is rotate who sleeps in the PNP, that way they both get used to a different environment.

3. andiemc

andiemc Well-Known Member

QUOTE(excitedk @ Jan 20 2008, 09:26 PM) [snapback]581610[/snapback]
    I always had mine seperated for naps, ds always sleeps much longer than dd. One thing you may want to do is rotate who sleeps in the PNP, that way they both get used to a different environment.

Great idea! I just had to seperate my girls during naps and rotating would be good..thanks for the idea!

4. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

I too had to seperate my girls for naps, sometimes even at night because Athena sleeps longer than Victoria. I do rotate though but they are miserable without each other.

5. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

Mine since 3 months have taken naps in seperate rooms... They seem to not be bothered by it...

6. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

If that is what is going to work for you, you should do it. I know you feel bad but if its going to get things going in the nap dept., I think you should do what is going to be the most successful. :)

7. caba

caba Banned

We just started separateing them for naps this week. Mine don't care at all that the other one isn't there. hehe. Now they sleep better apart during the day. At night they still go down at the same time, and still sleep in the same room.

For naps, we have one in their crib, and one in a PNP in the spare room. We rotate who goes in the PNP.