Seeking recommendations for little chairs

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Stellaluna, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Well-Known Member

I am trying to find little chairs for my guys. Something comfy, preferably with arms, that they could sit in for looking at books.

I have found some neat ones on line, but WOW are they expensive!! Does anyone know of any that are reasonably priced?

Any leads would be appreciated, thanks!

2. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

My inlaws got them the little chairs from Pottery Barn Kids for their birthdays. (I think they are called the "Anywhere Chair" or something close to that.) They are cute and I have no idea how much they were but my guess is that they were not cheap.

The kids like them, but it is like having two new pieces of furniture in our house. They take up some space!

3. team_double.trouble

team_double.trouble Well-Known Member

I have seem some great one's my girls have one each, they usually come with disney cartoons on them but I have seen them without. It is like a small 2 seater foam lounge, that folds from a chair to a bed. they are very popular in Australia, im not sure about anywhere else sorry.

I found a picture of one here

hope that helped a little, I think they cost around 50-60 australian dollars

4. micheleinohio

micheleinohio Well-Known Member

We have the flip out sofa too. It was a huge hit with the boys when they turned 1. I think i have seen similar chairs out there now and they are cheap. Ours held up good though, it's still around at 3 years old.

5. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

We also had the flip sofas. They are reasonably prices and what is nice is you can take the covers off to wash them. I also recommended that my best friend buy one for her niece. Her nephew loved it so much she needed to buy him one too.

6. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

My girls have PB bean bags that they love. And they will be able to use them for many years to come.

7. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

We got ours from PBK and really like them (the anywhere chairs). They are pretty $$$, but even the ones from Target were expensive and you couldn't take the covers off and wash them. I like being able to wash the covers and they are really durable.

8. rosie19

rosie19 Well-Known Member

We have the PB anywhere chairs, too. We love them... but they were probably fairly expensive (my mom bought them for the holidays). The cover comes off and can go right in the washer. We've had great service from PB, too. On Gabe's chair, the stitching of his name is coming loose. I called PB and they shipped me a new cover right away. Great chairs for reading and just lounging!