seat for shopping cart

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by scrappycindy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

My twins are just starting to sit up well. I can put one in the seat part of the cart, but do they make little chairs with a seat belt that I could put in the big part for my other little one so she can't get out of it? Course, she'll grab whatever I put in there and chew on it... ok maybe not such a great plan... What do you do when shopping?

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Use can use just about any feeding booster seat. We had the Fisher Price Healthy Care booster seats. They had a strap you could secure the seat with and then a strap for the baby.

3. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I used to put the Bumbo in the cart. I swear I should have gotten commission for Bumbo seat sales, I would get stopped so many times and asked about the Bumbo. This is before they were available in stores, back in the olden days. :)

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I stuffed them in the front of the cart together...still do:) I put their outside leg through the leg hole and bed their inside leg into an "indian" sitting position:) Here's a pic:)

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af322/KMAW927/Twins%20October/September060.jpg

5. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

This is EXACTLY what we did too!

6. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

early on, I just put them in the cart together like the pp pictured... now that they are bigger I try that, but their legs are too big and its really hard - at 18+ months.

the other thing I would say, is you might be able to just get one of the straps and use it to secure the baby. I have a double cart cover and it came with two straps, I try to keep an extra strap in my purse so that when I do put both up in the top part, you have an extra strap to strap the 2nd one in.

7. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I put them in the front together until about 18 months. Usually though, I just pushed the stroller and pulled the cart. They were always happier in the stroller and I could give them finger food for those long shopping trips.

8. faustjena

faustjena Well-Known Member

i read on this site one mom's GREAT idea.

SHe bought the inexpensive stroller links (I got mine babies r us) and hung a few reusable shopping bags from them. She simply put her groceries in the bags and didn't have to mess with dragging a cart.

That's what I do now and is SO easy.

Good luck :)

9. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Stroller links? I'm trying to visualize and failing, could you post a link or picture?

Thanks a bunch!

10. ajp76

ajp76 Member

"Stroller links" are like large carabiners. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carabiner
    Babies r Us and Amazon carry this one called "Mommy Hook" http://www.themommyhook.com/
    I keep one attached to each of our strollers. These also help if the stroller basket isn't as big as you'd like. Just hang your diaper bag/shopping/etc on this!