Sean is going on his first college visits

Discussion in 'General' started by Mama_Kim, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

My baby is growing up. :( This week is Fall Break here. Lou and Sean are flying to Chicago on Thursday. Sean will be attending a recruitment day at Valparaiso University (both Lou's and my alma mater) and then on Saturday a friend will take him around the Univ. of Chicago for an informal tour. I can't believe that we are starting to think about colleges already. Wasn't he just born????? :huh:

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

:hug99: 's Mama. I know that day will be here for me before I know it. :( It goes by so fast...

3. bkimberly

bkimberly Well-Known Member

Are they stopping at Fetla's for anything?

4. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Kim, that is awesome! And bittersweet too. Don't worry - He will always be your baby! :wub:

5. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

I know what you mean Kim. I just doesn't seem that long ago. That's cool that he is considering going to the same school as you and Lou.. starting a family tradition ;) .

6. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

Can you believe it's that time already?!

I wish I could get Jessie interested in visiting schools. She is busy and engaged in the application process but feels it is unnecessary to go visit! :eek:

7. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

Awww, Kim! :hug99:

8. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

Patrick has also foregone the visitation process...he decided several years ago which schools he wanted to attend. Applications seem to be the call of the day...

Yeah Kim, it was just yesterday that they were born :( Why do they have to grow up so fast? :hug99: maybe that should be a group :love0028: since we have a few others in the same boat here.

9. Mama_Kim

Who doesn't do ANY visitation at all? I've never heard of a kid who didn't want to! Interesting. It just seems here people go on multiple college visits, even to UT. Sean's only a Junior so he's got a bit of time to play around. I don't think he really has any idea where he for sure wants to go.

Oh, and yes he'll be going to Fetla's tonight. :D

BTW, he looked so cute this morning when they left. He got a new haircut (meant to take a pic but forgot :( ) and even had some product in it. ;) Ahhh, my baby . . .

B&C are on a sleepover and so here I sit at 6 am all by my lonesome with Piper, a cup of java, and my computer. :huh:

10. 8isgreat

8isgreat Well-Known Member

Ahh....we too have been doing the college visit thing....we have visited 2 colleges.....both are about the same....Emily still wants to visit one in Ohio....not sure if we are going to make it to that one...and it really ends up she will be going to the college that she gets the best scholarship money from.

My dh did not visit his school...the Air Force Academy.....so...he does have little patience with this college visit stuff. That is why he is so blessed with girls!!! :D

As a matter of fact...the Monday after Thanksgiving.....dh and dd will be in Dallas for scholarship money interview!!!

But to be honest....I think I am looking forward to the next step in the relationship between dd and I. It has been really hard this past year....she is the type that can get a whole room crying or laughing......so....when she was gone over the summer for a week....life was very peaceful. So......I must admit...I am looking forward to her growing up a bit more....realizing that I might know a thing or two and having more meaningful conversations. Hope this make sense.

Hugs Kim.....I can't believe that in 6ish months....she will be out there without us!!! Wow...time did fly by. Good thing I have the 1 year old twinners!!! Can't feel sorry for myself for too long!!!

11. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(8isgreat @ Oct 25 2007, 10:18 AM) [snapback]466680[/snapback]
    Wow...time did fly by. Good thing I have the 1 year old twinners!!! Can't feel sorry for myself for too long!!!

I second that thought!!!

12. niftywriter

So, Kim, how did Sean like Chicago? How did he like Valparaiso and U of Chicago? :D Inquiring minds want to know!

13. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

Wow, how exciting! How'd it go?

14. niftywriter

Who doesn't do ANY visitation at all?

Probably a few crazy kids! :laughing:

Seriously, though, Jessie does plan to visit one or two after she's been accepted in order to make her final choice. It makes sense for her.

15. Jenibrit

Jenibrit New Member

Hello, I am new to this, hard to believe considering I have been a mother of twins for 13 years. Just never felt like I had time. They are getting older now and I feel like I finally have time for me. Very rare buy welcomed. Congrats on the college hunting. How in the world did you make it this far. Mine are at the age where they want to fight all the time.

16. Mama_Kim

Hi Jenibrit, welcome to TS and teendom!! :D I'm not sure if I survived much of anything. Sean is 17 and my singleton and has never been much of a "problem." He's my cooperative child. ;) However, my twins who are 13 may be a different story. :lol: But really my boys are all fairly easygoing and cooperative, so the teens haven't been bad at all. I hope that continues!! My sanity is still intact (barely). :lol:

I'm so sorry I forgot about this topic. To answer both Renée and Katheryn, Sean had a nice trip with Lou. He loved Valpo's campus and curriculum and I think he'd go there in a heart beat if it were closer to home. He'd really like to stay in a 2-3 hour range. However, Lou is planning on taking him and two buddies in the spring for another visit, so maybe if he went there with a friend, it'd be different. He's really a little homebody. He didn't like the Univ. of Ill. Chicago as much -- too urban of a setting for his likes. So, we'll see how he feels after a few college visits closer to home. Thanks for asking, though!!