School Supplies

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by cupcake, Aug 18, 2009.

1. cupcake

cupcake Well-Known Member

Do you take school supplies, i.e., tissue, paper towels, etc. with you to the orientation or on the first day of school?

I'm new to all of this. ;)

2. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Mine got his list of school supplies on the first day of school (last wed) and we bought them over the weekend and he took them to school with him on Monday. I've never taken them to orientation but I don't see why you couldn't. We're all new to it at some point :)

3. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

We take everything the first day. That is when most of our teachers have time alloted to organize & put stuff away.

4. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We could have brought them tonight to the meet the teacher night. We also can bring them to the Kindergarten screening on Thursday and the teacher said that we could help the kids get settled into their cubbies and such. Or we can send them the first day of school for her to help with.

Marissa

5. LLA

LLA Well-Known Member

I am going to wait a couple days. I think that there will be enough going on the first day that the teacher will not want to deal with supplies (at least my mom who teaches does not).

6. 2 Munchkins

2 Munchkins Well-Known Member

We pick up the wish list items on the "meet the teacher" day and bring them on the first day of school.

7. Sue1968

Sue1968 Well-Known Member

We've been told to bring their supplies during the open house which is a few days before school starts.

8. Sandsam

Sandsam Well-Known Member

I bring them the night of orientation. By then the desks are assigned and the kids can spend a moment getting settled. If I have forgotten anything, then my kids bring it the first day of school.

9. cupcake

cupcake Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!

10. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

I always send them in the first day. It is usually part of the plan for the teacher anyway. As for our "before school visit", the classrooms are usually closed and some are not completely set up, so I would hate for it to get lost before school even starts.

11. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

When I registered my son for Kindergarten, the lady in the office actually suggested I bring his supplies to the orientation, so thats what I plan on doing.

12. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Just to add, I just saw the "welcome letter" sent out by the 2nd grade teachers. It asks specifically that all supplies be sent to school with the kids on the first day.