Scared to buy ANYTHING!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by emp59, Aug 21, 2012.

1. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I'm so afraid to buy anything for this baby because I feel like I will jinx the pregnancy. We have to get new carseats for all three kiddos so they will fit 3 across in our cars, but I only ordered the girls' so far. My husband said he was just going to order the third and I flipped out and started crying and begged him not to. Will this get better?!

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

In a word: Yup. :) I had the same thing going on with Annabelle. I wasn't ready to believe I was going to have her for the longest time and flipped out on a friend who bought me clothes for her before I was ready. Once I started feeling some movement and getting a belly I started getting closer to believing we really were having a baby. But in the first oh, 16 weeks I was pretty in denial.

Of course doing things last minute meant we took a birthing class that ended when I was 37.5 weeks and bought a van at 36 weeks... but everything got done before she got here so it's all good.

3. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel more normal, many Jewish people don't buy for the baby till it comes either. Or if they do, they don't keep it in the house. :)

4. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I'm on pregnancy number five with babies 6 & 7 and I still feel like that sometimes. I'm 24wks with id boys and up until a week or two ago I was so nervous we will lose one or both. I've never had a m/c and I STILL feel that way. I'm starting to relax finally as I grow bigger, have regular scans, and feel them moving. I've bought a few outfits but that's about it.

5. Brooklyne

Brooklyne Well-Known Member

I feel the same way! I'm 22 weeks and still terrified.

6. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I wish the worrying had an OFF switch. My morning sickness is a little better the last couple days (no vomitting, just nausea) and I'm so freaked out. My last pregnancy was a missed miscarriage so I am worried about that happening again. We saw a heartbeat at 10weeks 5 days, but I'm still stressed. AND i have 3 weeks until my next appointment. I wish I had an at home doppler :)