Rumors and truth?

Discussion in 'General' started by a1cbrandy, Sep 7, 2011.

1. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

I dont know where to ask this..but I keep seeing some facebook statuses about twinstuff maybe going away? Twinstuff has been a big help for me when my twins were babies and I have made a lot of friends on here. I would like to know what is going on if anything?

Thank you,

Brandy

2 people like this.
  2. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

What? Geez, I'm always the last to know.:woah:

I joined TS the night we found out about the twins, totally freaked out. They are still freaking me out five years later :lol: :wub: but TS has been really helpful along the way!!

6 people like this.
  3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Say it isn't so???

Someone definitely needs to clarify this rumor!

1 person likes this.
  4. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I resigned as an Admin last week. At the moment there are plans being made to keep TS around as a resource for everyone here. There will be some changes happening, but there really is nothing concrete at this point. As things develop, we will try to keep our members updated but as of right now we don't have anything concrete to report.

7 people like this.
  5. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

What does "as a resource" mean? Will the forums be gone? Will it be "read-only"?

Sorry, just curious!

1 person likes this.
  6. a1cbrandy

Yeah what Jori said...isnt Craig still admin? I am confused by all of this...

Brandy

7. FirstTimeMom814

I believe the plan is to keep things as they are, but you will be seeing changes in the admin staff.

8. a1cbrandy

Ok thank you Trish.

9. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

:( Very sad if this site goes away. I have formed many close relationships with people on here. Over 8 years worth!! I have been through the thick and think on here and hope everything stays the same.

2 people like this.
  10. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

Just wondering what will happen to the TS Rewards Membership fees if the site does close :cry: . Will they refund that? Not that it was a lot of money, but I know I recently renewed and others probably have too. Sorry, not trying to start fights or hurt feelings but anything financial pops into my mind since so many are struggling these days including our family.

1 person likes this.
  11. a1cbrandy

This is a good question, my membership expires soon but if TS is going away I will not pay the money to only have it for a couple weeks or months. I think we need more information...

Brandy

12. FirstTimeMom814

I'm sorry there is not any additional information at this time. As I mentioned, the plan is that nothing will change.

13. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

That would be a shame. This should be seen as an opportunity to evolve.

4 people like this.
  14. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

WOW! Never saw any rumors but seeing the OP is so disheartening.

I am sure it is a LOT of work to run the site let alone moderate it.

I was on another site when it crumbled and it felt like a part of my life was lost. That was early in my parenting journey and I was on that site just a year. Fortunately I was also a member here.

This place has been so helpful. It has been a part of my life for so so many years. WOW! I just could not imagine it not being here for other parents of multiples. It has switched over to be more of a social outlet for me now that my children are older. I could not imagine this part being gone either. But I guess I can understand if it becomes just a resource for the issues parents are going through with their children. It will still be sad to lose the social outlet part of it though

1 person likes this.
  15. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

okay, that doesn't really clear things up. :lol: so, I'm left wondering if it hasn't been decided or if I just don't get let in on the good info yet. That's okay...

1 person likes this.
  16. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You skipped this quote which helps the other two make more sense. There will be changes in admin staff but most other things will remain much the same.

17. a1cbrandy

So we should still spend our money on rewards or should we wait until a permanent decision is made? Do we know for sure everything is staying the same?

Brandy

1 person likes this.
  18. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

The sky is falling!!!!t. The sky is falling!!!!!! I hope TS and all of the TS family stick around!!!!!

2 people like this.
  19. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

:) rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated, lol.

Im glad the plan is to keep things going, Future twin moms need this site.

5 people like this.
  20. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Wow! I've heard nothing of this. Definitely hope the site stays around. Looking forward to more news.

21. a1cbrandy

Why is everyone leaving? Is it because it just got to busy? Tiring? Who are the new mods and admin going to be? Why is this all going on? I really think the people who come to this forum need to know what is going on. Sorry I keep bugging about this...but I have been on TS for over 8 yrs now and I want to know what is going on.

1 person likes this.
  22. momofangels

momofangels Well-Known Member

ITA.
    (And I have TS to thank for teaching me all these cool little acronyms.)
    Hope it stays around!!!

23. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mod turnover is nothing new. It is a demanding volunteer position & mods come and go depending on how busy their lives are at the moment. New moderators will be announced as they are added just like always. Any other information as far as the change over of administration is concerned will be given out when all details are finalized and I am sure all business pertaining to rewards memberships will be handled fairly as always. That's it. Nothing more to be said at the moment.

4 people like this.
  24. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

I didn't realise there was a Twinstuff gossip/rumour forum somewhere as I haven't heard anything about it. I've been involved in running community websites before and there is always turnover of some sort. Remember that most (all?) people that are involved are not being paid so sometimes people have other priorities that need to be taken care of. It is easy to underestimate how much time is involved when you have never done it.

16 people like this.
  25. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Seems to me like this would be the perfect time to do a member survey to see if changes to structure, content or anything else could improve membership satisfaction... and lead to an increase in new members. TS has slowed down a lot in the three years I've been here and seems to be fading a bit. Maybe a turnover in staff is a good opportunity to take a fresh look at what could be done to reinvigorate the site.

5 people like this.
  26. a1cbrandy

I understand time and stuff...i also understand volunteering. I dont understand the forum maybe going away because of turn over and that is why I started this thread. I dont think its too much to ask for the rest of us unmoderating folks to be kept up to date on things. I just wanted to put the rumors to rest. I dont know if we got a permanent answer or not..but I hope we will.

27. TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi Well-Known Member

Well Trish said the following very early in this thread and that appears to answer your question as to if Twinstuff will be going way or am I missing something?

I don't see the big issue. After all, Trish hasn't always been an admin either...

28. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

Well from what I have read here, it has been said that there are no plans for TS to be going away. Not sure where you got that. If you want to share where this info is coming from, maybe we can dispel some rumors. You've been given answers. Not sure what else you want right now. Trish stepped down, she has been doing this for a long time. Without her, some decisions regarding administration need to be done. There are still 41 active mods here and I know that I am not planning on going anywhere.

15 people like this.
  29. TwinRichard

TwinRichard Well-Known Member

I agree but what you are asking is that somebody tells us exactly what is happening when the posts in this thread seem to indicate that nothing has been decided yet. It makes no sense to announce something when it hasn't been finalised only to back out a week or two later when what was planned doesn't materialise.

That said, I think the concern about rewards memberships is valid (even if it is a small amount of money). Perhaps those with rewards memberships expiring should wait until an announcement is made before deciding to renew or not rather than trying to speculate about what might happen.

7 people like this.
  30. a1cbrandy

Sorry to be such a bother..i have been put in my place and will step away now.

31. sullivanre

I agree with this. This is a good opportunity. For example, I honestly think there are way too many forums, and it's getting a little diluted, not that anyone asked my opinion :spy:

4 people like this.
  32. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

That's pretty silly, Brandy. I don't think anybody is opposed to talking to you or that you don't have a place. It's just sort of confusing why there might be such a high level of panic out there? I'm not going anywhere. As Cristina pointed out, there are a ton of us still working. this whole thread seems more panic-inducing than calming, truthfully.

33. sullivanre

Brandy, I for one, appreciate you posting. It's much better to have things out there, rather than letting the rumor mill circulate information.

5 people like this.
  34. a1cbrandy

Thank you rachel. And there have been others to thank me too. I for one am not sorry for asking..but it gets a littlr tiring being talked down too as a child. If you think this thread is causing trouble..shut it down. I for one will make the decision to stay here or not...as we all will eventually. :) Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  35. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Am I talking down to you? That's not my intent at all. I just don't understand the stress, that's all. I get the RM question and the desire to find out if the site is going anywhere, but I don't think there's any point in making this thread bigger than it is.