Rubbing faces

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by HK Mum, Feb 21, 2010.

1. HK Mum

HK Mum Active Member

My LO's recently got their first teeth, the bottom two coming through last week. However for the past few days they have both been rubbing at their noses a lot, although their noses are not red and they do not have any signs of a cold. I have given them some saline nasal spray to see if that would clean them out and help with any itchiness, but they keep rubbing. My DH thinks that they are actually rubbing at their top lip, and that this could be because their top teeth are starting to come through. One of my boys seems to have a swelling in his top gum, but nothing really obvious. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

All I remember about the first 4 teeth coming in is that my girls were miserable. I don't recall any gum rubbing. Have you tried offering a teething ring and see if that helps?

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

No, I haven't experienced that with my kids, but it sounds reasonable that it could be from teething. A teething ring or a frozen face cloth might give them a bit of relief. As long as there are no other symptoms to go along with it, I wouldn't be too concerned about them rubbing their noses. I hope those teeth pop through quickly for them!

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree that I've never had that happen with my kids, but anything is possible when it comes to teething! It could also be something as simple as they've just now realized they have a nose there! :lol: When they discover something new like that they like to do it all the time until they discover something else new! :)