Round Ligament Pain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sistersbeall, Jul 20, 2010.

1. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

I had fairly bad round ligament pain with the girls but it did not start until about 28 weeks. This time I am only carrying one and I have been in pretty severe pain since 16 weeks and I am only 24 weeks (so i have a while to go). When I say severe, it will hurt so bad some mornings I can barely walk. Has anyone out there suffered worse pain with the pregnancy after twins? If so what can I try to do about it? I have tried a couple of stretches, but they do not seem to help. I have tried a heating pad and that did not help. The only thing that seems to work is pain meds and I hate taking them unless I can barely walk.

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i can't speak to it being worse with your singleton pregnancy, but my chiropractor used counter pressure to ease my round ligament pain when i was pregnant with the girls. the relief usually only lasted a couple of days but it was worth the bi-weekly appointments! do you have a chiro in your area who specializes in working with pregnant women?

3. eehrlich

eehrlich Well-Known Member

are you talking about round ligament or pubic symphysis pain? i had bad pubic symphysis pain towards the end of my twin pg but this time it started around 20 wks. I mentioned it to my ob and she said that the damage done by my girls never healed properly. yay. the joys of motherhood.

4. sistersbeall

what is the difference between the two? My OB said it was round ligament pain.

5. sistersbeall

I just read up on the pubic symphysis pain and I think that is exactly what I have. It hurts to roll over, to get out of bed, to get dressed, to push the girls in their stroller etc. I am gonan have to ask my OB about this.

6. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

My round ligament pain is worse (it's not pubic symphysis in my case.) I am 26 weeks and I am finding it to be worse and more frequent, although a bit of stretching usually eases it. This is my 5th child though so I am ot surprised by anything I feel. My twin pregnancy was easy, my two older children were self sufficient so... Now here I am prego with 2 yr old twins, the older two, moving to a new house. It's a wonder i can walk :silly: I hope your doc has answers for you though, good luck!

7. sistersbeall

The OB is calling in a pain meds for me. But she said if I am not feeling better by tomorrow then she wants to do a sonogram to make sure everything is ok. I just hope these pain meds don't knock me out. I still have the two 16 month old munchkins to take care of.