round ligament pain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by shelbaz, Jun 8, 2009.

1. shelbaz

shelbaz Well-Known Member

I have been reading posts for a couple of months now, but this is my first post of my own. I am 16 weeks 2 days with twins, and for the last couple of days I have had sharp pains in my lower belly whenever I sit up from laying down, turn in bed, or move too fast in general. Is this round ligament pain? I have read some about it, but it seems it usually hits a little later than now.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate the pains (other than laying/sitting totally still all the time)? How long will I feel this for, or is it different for everyone?

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Sounds like it to me. I am almost 12 weeks, and I have been having it on and off since about 8 weeks. It is completely normal and unformutately there is nothing you can really do for it, aside from taking it easy. It will come and go, but seems to be worse in the 2nd trimester. Hope you get some relief soon. COngrats on your twins

3. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

:wavey: welcome to Twinstuff!! :yahoo: for your first post!!
    Sounds like round lig. pain to me as well, but just to be safe mention the pain/location when you next talk to your OB :good:

4. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Totally sounds like round ligament pain. And, unfortunately, with twins, it will come and go the ENTIRE pregnancy. I am 32 weeks and have had that same horrid pain for a week now, again!

Molly
    32 weeks today!

5. carrieco

carrieco Well-Known Member

Round ligament pain was one of my very first symptoms .... had it from the beginning and continue to have it every now and then ....

Good luck!

6. JoMomma

JoMomma Active Member

Sounds like round lig pain to me. I won't be missing that when this pregnancy is over....

7. Surrodoula

Surrodoula Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's probably round ligament pain. I find that if I did things like getting out of bed slower, then it helps prevent some of the pains.

8. IVF TWINS

IVF TWINS Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with everyone else. I've had it since 8-9 weeks. I didnt get it with my daughter until 18 weeks. Oh the fun of a twin pregnancy :)

9. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

Welcome to some of the joyous pains of twins! sounds like round ligament pain to me.

10. shelbaz

shelbaz Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your thoughts! I did call the OB's office, they confirmed what you all said. It is hard to remember I am not as"spry" as I was pre pregnancy and I have to slow down when jumping out of bed or off the couch. :D