Roll Call!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MNTwinSquared, Jul 22, 2008.

1. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Ok, it's that time again! I know it is summer and most of you have better things to do than to sit here on the computer, but let's see who all is here right now.

Who are you and how long have you been giving your babies breastmilk?

Fun Question:
    What is your shoe size?

2. MNTwinSquared

I breastfed my twins for 25.5 months. :wub:

Tomorrow will be three months for breastfeeding my newest addition Evan. Other than a cracked nipple (which healed after 2 days) I've had no issues.

I wear a 7.5-8 size shoe.

3. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

I swear I was JUST thinking of starting one of these threads.....great minds think alike Jackie B)

I nursed my twins for just under 2 yrs, pumped at work until 15 months. Had a very difficult start, that did not get fun until around 6 months (had to use nipple shields until then), but was sooooooooooooooooo worth it and one of the most rewarding things I have ever done :wub:

I wear a size 11 shoe :eek:

4. bstone716

bstone716 Well-Known Member

I'm Becky. I've been pumping/nursing for just over 5 months. I plan on going at least another 7 months.

Dang, Kristi...I thought I had big feet! :p I wear a 9.5-10 shoe.

5. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness Kristi! Size 11...you must find all the sale shoes.

I BF for 10 months, but started to wean at 8 months and took the process very slowly. I had an unfortunate abcess situation that threatened surgery. Now I live through you ladies and want to have another baby just so I can BF again. :D

6. Zabeta

Zabeta Well-Known Member

Size 9.5 here. I wonder if there's a correlation between choosing to nurse and shoe size, the way they say there is between shoe size and the physical capacity to deliver larger babies?

We're still nursing several times a day here, though my supply is definitely suffering since we went down to 4 sessions. Fingers crossed that we can work down to 2 sessions and stay there for at least 6 more months.

7. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

I'm Aubrey and I EBF'd my twins for 11.5 months. Avery has been getting nothing but BM for over five months now. I've had some supply and pump issues this time around as well as a sensitivity to milk proteins but we're pushing through!

My shoe size is 9-9.5 (it was 8-8.5 pre-twins!)

8. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,
    I'm Wendy, and I've been breastfeeding my twin girls for a little over 6 months. I hope to continue until they are at least a year old. I also pump at work, although not enough, so they do receive one bottle of formula per day. I also breastfed my DS for 6 months.

Shoesize is 8.

All of you breastfeeding mommys are awesome!

9. MNTwinSquared

QUOTE(Zabeta @ Jul 22 2008, 08:51 AM) [snapback]888932[/snapback]
    Size 9.5 here. I wonder if there's a correlation between choosing to nurse and shoe size, the way they say there is between shoe size and the physical capacity to deliver larger babies?

I think a lot of people with bigger shoe sizes have larger feet and therefore have more room inside to hold the babies. I am 5'3 with fairly average-sized feet and I have big babies!!! :shok: My size is always gone in a good sale!

10. andrew/kaitlyn/smom

andrew/kaitlyn/smom Well-Known Member

I wear between a 7 and an 8-but who has time to go buy shoes?

I've been nursing the twins for 7 months, and nursing babies for the last 4 years :)

11. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

We're still nursing, and they're almost 18 mo! :)

I also wear an 11. (No wonder I like you, Kristi! :lol: ) Actually, I often buy men's shoes (hiking shoes, running shoes, etc) because women's are just too narrow. It's a real challenge to find men's shoes that don't look too macho! :eek: I wish I could wear cute shoes like everyone else!

12. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

My boys are 13 months old and we are going strong on BFing. Getting started was truly torturous for me (for the first 3 months), but that makes the past 10 months, and the coming months, so much sweeter!

We are currently nursing about 3 times per day. I'm hoping to BF 2-3 times per day until about 18 months.

13. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

I guess I have small feet - I wear a size 7.5, sometimes 8.

We've been breastfeeding for almost 15 months (at the end of this month). We are now nursing between 3 and 4 times in a 24 hour period -- I actually usually get 8 hours of sleep in a row nowadays - it is great!

14. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Elizabeth is 15 months - so 15 months here :)

I wear a size 9.5 or 10 depending on the shoe - HUGE I know!

15. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

I'm new to the forum and have been nursing...8 days! Time is both flying at warp-speed (during the day) and crawling at a horrible pace (during the night vigil)! You guys have been giving me such great advice...I would probably have given up at this point if I hadn't bit the bullet and started posting questions.
    So, many warm thanks to you all :D

Before I was pregnant, my shoe size was an 8.5...when the EXTREME swelling goes down and I can wear shoes again, I will let you know what size!!!

16. reggs55

reggs55 Well-Known Member

I've been breastfeeding for 10 months, although I nursed my first child until my 2nd trimester with the twins, so I'm one of those constant people. I don't post much on here, but love the support. Without you guys I would have never known about the EZ 2 Nurse Twins pillow which was my lifesaver.

My shoe size is 7.5...but I'm with PP, the last time I went shopping for shoes was before the twins, so things could be different now.

I'm so grateful that we pushed past those first few hard weeks/months of breastfeeding. I totally would've given up if I didn't have the success of my first. Twins are hard, and especially with being smaller, my girls' suck was weaker. And one twin has torticollis, so there were issues there, too. But it's so worth it!

17. GirliesGalore

GirliesGalore Well-Known Member

I nursed/pumped for Jax for 9 months and have been nursing Lola for over 3 months now. I'm a 7.5.

18. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I have a size 7 shoe size. And I'm still nursing the twins at 14 months old. Hoping to continue for at least another couple of months.

19. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member

I'm Carrie. I'm almost at my 3 month mark for pumping and giving my twins only BM. I hope to pump for another 5/6 months and then give frozen milk for 3 months. I have an enormous frozen milk supply already!

I wear a size 8. My feet got swollen with my pregnancies but never stayed that size. ;)

20. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

I'm Aimee, and Roe and Joe have been getting the boobie milk for 6 1/2 months!

My street shoe size is between 7 and 7 1/2, but I wear an 8 in running shoes.

21. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

hello :D My name is Cherie and im struggling BF and pumping for my girls for 3 months now :rolleyes: im determined to get to a year and so far im chain-swallowing fenegreek,blessed thistle and drowning in water;) i wear a size 9-10:)

22. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I have been BFing my twins for 1 year and still going.
    Size 8.5

Thanks to everyone for the support and great suggestions.

23. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I'm Nichole and I have been nursing my girls for 9mo and counting. I am planning on extended nursing since my girls will be one in the fall. I do not want a winter with sick babies! And I thank you ladies for unknowingly helping me make that decision! :D

I wear size 7.5.

24. erinkontos

erinkontos Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Erin! I've been breastfeeding Aiden and Will for almost 6 months, now. Thanks to all of your support!!! ;-)

After today's check-up, I'm concerned about slow weight gain over the past 2 months. I'll be posting questions later....

25. alliandre

alliandre Well-Known Member

I'm Heather and I've been BFing my twins for about 4 months now. I love it even though it is really demanding. (Sounds like a group therapy introduction.)

I wear size 9-10 shoes.

26. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Mama2Eric&2peasinpod @ Jul 22 2008, 07:54 PM) [snapback]890287[/snapback]
    Hi, I'm Erin! I've been breastfeeding Aiden and Will for almost 6 months, now. Thanks to all of your support!!! ;-)

After today's check-up, I'm concerned about slow weight gain over the past 2 months. I'll be posting questions later....

Looking forward to the questions...lot's of us have had those same concerns!

27. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

I nursed the girls for 17.5 months when they self weaned (had mixed emotions about that!)

I wear an 8/8.5

QUOTE(cohlee @ Jul 22 2008, 08:51 PM) [snapback]890283[/snapback]
    I'm Nichole and I have been nursing my girls for 9mo and counting. I am planning on extended nursing since my girls will be one in the fall. I do not want a winter with sick babies! And I thank you ladies for unknowingly helping me make that decision! :D

I wear size 7.5.

cohlee, that was one of my reasons to keep going too! Did not want sick winter babies! (it worked!)

28. lah17

lah17 Well-Known Member

Hi I'm Lisa.

I've been nursing John and Christopher for very close to a year. I say that feeling both proud and sad!! Anyway, my plan was to nurse only for a year, but I will be going beyond that without a doubt.

I'm 5 10 and wear a size 10!!

29. eewelks

eewelks Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm Beth and I have been BF Maeve and Finn for almost 6 months! Where did the time go? :D
    I BF my DD Tess for 13 months and hope to make it that long with my twins.

I wear a size 8 shoe -- 8 1/2 for running.

30. 3greysandamutt

3greysandamutt Well-Known Member

I'm Jessica and I've been nursing AJ and Ben for almost 6 1/2 months! Their diet has been almost exclusively breastmilk (they had some formula during their first 10 days of life), and just started cereal 3 days ago. I plan to go until one year, and then I'll re-evaluate and see if I want to continue longer.

I wear a size 10 1/2 or 11, narrow... nearly impossible to find! I love my birks and crocs, because they don't need to be a perfect fit!

31. clkafka

clkafka Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm Christy and I have been bfing Izzy and Mara for 6 months... and I bfed Radley through my first trimester and weaned him at 23 months.

I wear an 8.

Love this forum!

32. mrsriney00

mrsriney00 Well-Known Member

My name is Debbie. I BF my oldest DD 18 months, my older DS 12 months, and so far 5 months with the twins. Plan on going at least for a year. I find it very rewarding and super cost effective! And I love love love the bond.

I wear a 7-7 1/2.

Love this forum! I have to say it is one of the best I have ever been to!

33. sitkamom

sitkamom Well-Known Member

Jessica, mom to Evan and Olivia who are almost 18 months and still nursing 3-4 times a day! I see Evan wanting to self-wean in the near future (he would probably be done if DD was), but my little peanut Olivia still loves nursing so we're in it for the long haul! These are our first and last kids so I want to nurse as long as possible, well, you know... :)

I also wear an 8.5 shoe and am 5'3"

34. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I nursed my dd for 6 mo and the twins for a month and then exclusively pumped for 5 months. Glad I was able to give them a good start! I think breastfeeding is a wonderful thing and wished it could have lasted longer for me.
    I visit this forum incase anyone has questions I can help with exclusively pumping-plus everyone was so supportive of me during some tough times.

I wear a size 7-

35. ejradcliffe

ejradcliffe Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Eileen and I've been breastfeeding Colin and Claire for 8 months (I just posted an update that we are just now ebf and very happy about it!). I bf'd my older DS for 14 months, my older DD for 15 months, and my goal with the twins is at least a year but most likely up to 18 months (like PPs also planning this to get through another winter!).

My shoe size is 8 1/2.