ridiculous gas at night

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jan 3, 2011.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i am having sleeping issues with a LO at night. wakes up SEVERAL times just crying, moaning and whining until we get him. he literally FREAKS out like you're putting him on a bed of nails unless he's laying ON you. he wont sleep in our bed which is beyond irritating. he will only sleep on the couch.
    not sure what to do or what could be going on. he rolls, arches, flails and finally passes gas and goes to sleep. it takes HOURS before this happens!

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is why mine are going to a pedi gastro doc this month. I have 1 who is screaming at night until you pick him up and he burps. Sometimes its several burps. He is already on omeprozole (Zegrid) and it doesn't seem to help. :(

3. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I gave my daughter Mylicon nightly until she was almost 2 because of the horrific gas pains she'd get in the middle of the night...she wake up screaming, fart and then fall asleep...the Mylicon eliminated the screaming part...

4. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

You might want to try giving your LO a homeopathic Cocyntal vial before bed and maybe another one if he wakes up screaming. I used those ALL the time when our boys were colicky and/or just had gas pains when they were smaller. I still keep some on hand for the occasional tummy issue that crops up. When they were little they would squall and cry and I could hear their tummy gurgling, then I would give them anywhere from 1 to 3 vials (15 minutes apart, like the directions state) and usually they would stop crying and be happy again. Gripe water, mylicon, Colic Calm, etc never worked for my guys but these little vials did. Of course what works for my LOs may not work for yours but its worth a try.