Remembering back a year ago today

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by rajeshris, Jan 2, 2010.

1. rajeshris

rajeshris Well-Known Member

So just thought I would try to write an uplifting story for those of you on bedrest. It's kind of been a tough morning for me....a year ago today I was put on hospital bed rest at 23 weeks and today comes with many many mixed emotions. I had NO cervix left and was contracting a lot....the docs didn't think I would make it through the week. I had the neonatologist come in and speak to us right after we went in and gave us a very grim report--it was just a really really tough week. Well--I lasted until 28w3d and now my boys--11 months old are doing really great! We have our issues--but they are minor. They spent 10 weeks in the NICU--and are healthy happy boys now! So just to give you all some encouragement---I know how tough it is...and those days when you just don't think you can go on....know you are doing the best you can!!

All the fighting helped my boys and even at 28 weekers and 2lbs...you would never know it. So even the tiniest babies can do wonderful. Know that every single day you spend on bed rest is helping them tremedously! It's amazing what a difference between just even a few days can make.

Good luck everyone! I am sending lots of prayers to all of you on bed rest and wish you all the best in your journey ahead!! It's not easy, but the smiles on your babies faces make it all worth it in the end.

2 people like this.
  2. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

Thsnk you! My bed rest is technically over now (2 days ago) but I am still house bound because i am so uncomfortable. Now the wait is killing me.

Thanks for thinking of all the bed rest girls. Your babies are a true miracle!!

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What a very nice and encouraging post! thank you so much! and so glad your boys are doing wo well! that's great!

4. 1boy2girls

1boy2girls Member

Thank you so much for sharing this. It is encouraging. We've gonna fight tooth and nail for our babies!

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope it provides some encouragement and comfort to our expecting members who are on bedrest.