Recommendations: Graco duoglider lxi vs. Eddie Bauer all-terrain tandem stroller

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by k2morris, Feb 21, 2007.

1. k2morris

k2morris New Member

Hi,

I'm looking for opinions on tandem strollers for my twins. I love the peg perego duette tandem, but it is too pricey. I have narrowed my search to the Graco Duoglider LXI and/or Eddie Bauer all-terrain tandem. What do you think??

Thanks!

2. k2morris

k2morris New Member

Hi,

I'm looking for opinions on tandem strollers for my twins. I love the peg perego duette tandem, but it is too pricey. I have narrowed my search to the Graco Duoglider LXI and/or Eddie Bauer all-terrain tandem. What do you think??

Thanks!

3. Kymy

Kymy Well-Known Member

Well I have used them both (I used to babysit before getting prego again) I personally got a the eddie bauer one... which for a slighty cheaper option Safety 1st is the same company be a little bit cheaper cause the EB name isn't attached. Some pros & cons..

Graco ~ doesn't manuver as well, isn't as versitile, smaller basket I THINK (prego brain can't remember)BUT it is a LITTLE bit more compact.

EB~ IS NOT COMPACT WHEN FOLDED... if you have a small car it probably won't fit, but the front seat can come off which makes it a hair smaller. Also it is a bit heavier. On the plus side it is a few inches narrower & has a shorter wheel base, which makes it manuver REALLY well. Has a taller handle which is great for taller parents yet is still comfy for me to push at just 5'4". I LOVE the fact that I can flip the front seat rear facing... this comes in very handy when they are out of the infant seats. Also it can take most seats (only EB & S1st strollers can take their seats) It also has over sized wheels whis make is great like an all-terrian stroller... you take the thing anywhere!!!

The big down side on the EB one is the size when folded & weight.

4. k2morris

k2morris New Member

Thanks for the great information...I reeeealy appreciate it!!

5. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

check out the First Year board here - just yesterday someone posted her very clear comparisons to the ones she was looking at.

I've also heard that the EB is very unwieldy....

6. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

I have the duoglider and its done us well. Now the girls are 9 months and we just got a Combi Twin Savvy. Since the girls are no longer in the infant seats the tandum have become more of a pain in the butt since B likes to reach forward and pull on M [​IMG]

So I suggest you go with the cheaper of the two, it seems most moms dont keep their tandums all that long so why waste so much money

7. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

I had a used duoglider that I did not like. Maybe b/c it was used? SO I got a new jeep tandem stroller and LOVE IT. I think the EB one only has one snack tray in the front only. SO the kid in the back does not have one? I think this is what turned me off to this one.

8. Kymy

Kymy Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by 1girltwinboyz:
    I had a used duoglider that I did not like. Maybe b/c it was used? SO I got a new jeep tandem stroller and LOVE IT. I think the EB one only has one snack tray in the front only. SO the kid in the back does not have one? I think this is what turned me off to this one.

Thats the older model. The newer model has a snack tray on both. I also used a jeep one briefly. Its about the same weight & folded size as the EB one. The only thing I disliked is that it is super long when open. I agree though, I personally prefered it over the graco.

Also there are different models of the Graco duoglider... the cheaper ones are not as nice as the nicer ones.