Recommendations for toddler bowls and straw cups?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jenanne, Jun 2, 2009.

1. jenanne

jenanne Well-Known Member

Hi, I have been thinking about buying some of those suction cup bowls, since I know they will hurl them right over the side of their highchairs. Is there one you recommend? I have read some don't suction well. Also, I have the munchkin straw cups which I like a lot, but they have been leaking. Are there better ones out there? Thank you!

2. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

We use the Nuby straw cups.
    As for bowls...we've never bothered with suction ones. Honestly I give my two the TINY tupperware looking bowls made my rubbermaid with just a few 6-7 bites of food in them (to practice using utensils and bowls) so far they've done well. They only throw them over the side once they are done eating :)

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Which Munchkin straw sippy's are you using? I have found that these ones are by far the best one's I have come across! I don't have a problem with them leaking at all.

I bought some of the bowls with the suction on it and it didn't work at all. We have these baby Bjorn plate/bowl thing and it works great. The girls don't tip it or throw it on the floor at all. It works great, but it is a little on the expensive side. Worth the money IMO.

4. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I like Nuby products, and Kyrstyn's recommendations look great!

Honestly, I'm not happy with my bowl situation OR my cup situation, so I guess I'll be watching this thread!

5. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I have the boon bowls that suction... the first thing wrong is that that the set I got on clearance online warped... and one of them doesn't suction anymore... the 2nd thing is that the babies figured out how to get them up... so for us its not really worth it...

I love that idea of the plate... there's nothing for them to get a hold up to lift it up... hmmm... kinda the concept of a lot of the pet bowls that can't be knocked over. I'm definitely going to check that out. I want to get them to eat with a spoon and it seems hard to do it off their trays... plus it'd be nice to not have to wash the trays after every meal...

we haven't gotten the hang of the sippies or straw cups yet, but the nuby ones work well... just our babies suck too much in their mouth and then spit/dribble out the extra... ugh! guess I just need to keep trying. the actual nuby cups don't leak for us.

6. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We use the regular Munchkin straw cups, but haven't had any issues with leaking. . .Where are they leaking at? Have you replaced the straws?

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Jun 3 2009, 12:54 AM) [snapback]1338850[/snapback]
    I have found that these ones are by far the best one's I have come across! I don't have a problem with them leaking at all.

We use these as well and love them. They are the only sippies in the house.

As for the plates and bowls if you have an IKEA near you they have great multi-colored bowls, plates, cups, and utensils that are pretty cheap and very durable for toddlers.

As for the suction cup ones, mine figured out right away how to get them up :angry:

8. jenanne

jenanne Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! Those are the munchkin cups we use, they leak out of the straw itself. Maybe I need to replace them. I guess I should give them the benefit of the doubt and try bowls, maybe they won't dump them like they do with cups :)

9. paulacraft1

paulacraft1 Well-Known Member

I bought those suction bowls thinking the same thing, don't waste your money like I did, my two got them up right away before even eating and tossed them:(
    food and all!!!!! :(