Reasonable cost for flower girl dresses?

Discussion in 'General' started by miss_bossy18, Feb 1, 2015.

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What's a reasonable amount of money to spend on flower girl dresses? The bride has asked us to let her know our budget for dresses. She'll look for dresses she likes in that range but if she falls in love with something that costs more, she'll cover the difference. Which is very thoughtful of her. But now I have no idea what to say our budget is. I want it to be reasonable but also realistic. I was thinking $100/dress. Justin thinks that sounds like a lot. Thoughts?

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That sounds reasonable to me, although I have see dresses on sale quite often. I ordered a flower girl dress for about $75 when I got married.. It was from a bridal site but discontinued (like, who cares, right?).

3. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

My girls were in a wedding about 1.5 years ago and I spent $37.50/each on their dresses.  The dresses were very cute and semi-formal, as it was an outdoor, beach wedding.  

4. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

We spent like $35 on Anna's for my SIL's wedding, but I would say $75-100 is reasonable.

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My first thought was around $80.  

6. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think $100 is reasonable, but first communion season is coming up, and you could potentially get a great deal. My flower girl dress, my godmother bought at Macy's and was less than $40.

7. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

All three of my girls are in my sisters wedding in May. She hasn't picked the dresses yet, in fact, she is making me crazy because she keeps asking them what they want, implying they will have a say when they probably won't (which of course is her perogative as the bride) and surprise, surprise, they all like different dresses. She tends to have extravagant taste.  We haven't talked budget yet. Knowing her, I'll be lucky to keep it under $100/piece. To answer your question - I think you/she can probably find lovely dresses at every price point, I think $100 is a realistic limit.

8. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

$80-$100 is reasonable, but like others said you can probably find them even cheaper than that.

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think 75.00 to 100.00 is reasonable.  

10. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

For one of the weddings my girls were in I ordered from this website and the dress was reasonably priced ($35 each), quick delivery, and the quality was ok (not high end but they are only wearing if for a couple of hours so does it matter?):http://www.elitedresses.com/Default.asp

For my brother's wedding, they wanted the flower girl dress that coordinated with the bridesmaids dresses so they ordered it and I think they were like $200 each.  But they paid for that because its what they wanted and they knew it was more than I wanted to spend.  I ordered to split the cost, but they refused and paid for all of it.

For my sister's wedding, we ordered handmade dresses from etsy that were beautiful, but were a little over $100 each.... but they were handmade and amazing quality.  

11. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would say $100 total (including shoes and tights) which would put the dress around $60-$70.  :)

12. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

You can find great ones on Ebay for less than $40.

13. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

My girls have been flower girls in three weddings. The first needed to match the bridesmaids and we spent $175 each on dresses + $35 each on shoes. I was NOT thrilled, but it was my brother's wedding and I didn't want to make my new sister in law mad. The second wedding also needed to match, but they found dresses for $110 each. Reused the shoes. This last wedding I got to pick the dresses and found some super cute ones online for $45 each. Shoes still cost $30 each, though.

14. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

I would agree that TOTAL $100. Shoes, dress, and anything else.... My girls were in 2 weddings in one year and each dress was 40-50$.

The brides were both very price-aware and wanted it to be affordable. One was post-holiday dress that was super cute (white with colored sashes around waist-- green and burgany with little girls in green sashes and bigger flower girls in burgandy). Black dress shoes.

The second bride got fancy  dresses in lavender and mint green for a spring wedding (likely were originally for easter). Very pretty and affordable. They also had cute little lavender shrugs for if it was cold that were from Childrens Place!

$100 should be a doable-- especially with Internet and/or spring sale shopping.

15. pretty girl

pretty girl Well-Known Member

$100 is reasonable

16. lola5

lola5 Well-Known Member

Such an actual thread.Considering the question of reasonable costs for flower girl dresses, it's essential to be aware of the budget constraints that many face. To make sure you're getting the best deal, it's worth checking out jjshouse return policy . This can give you peace of mind in case you need to make adjustments to your purchase. Additionally, looking for promotions or discounts on their site can help you find beautiful dresses at an affordable price.