really stupid swimming question

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ddancerd1, Mar 8, 2012.

1. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

i want to sign the girls up for swimming, and the only time is 6:30-7 at night. the girls normally eat dinner at 5:30, and go to bed at 7:30/8pm. if i feed them dinner at 5:30 (and they eat till 6), will they be too full to swim at 6:30? or should i feed them at 5pm, then give them a banana or something after swimming, before bed?

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

From what I hear, the 'not swimming after eating' thing is just a myth, there's no counter indication to that at all. But yeah, I'd probably give them a snack beforehand and dinner after, personally. They'll probably be quite hungry afterwards.

3. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I'd just feed them a little earlier those nights.. even 5:15p would finish 5:45p and then have 45 min. until actual swimming... should be fine! enjoy!

4. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

We have swimming at 6 every wednesday and I feed my son dinner at 5pm just because we have to leave by 530 to get there and changed and by the pool on time. Feeding him close to lesson does not seem to bother him. I will say that he is always hungry afterward so plan on a snack.

5. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

Should not be an issue. I lived in the water growing up and never followed the one hour myth. I swam on a swim team for 10+ years and ate during the meet. I would move dinner up just so you are not so rushed.

6. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

When my girls were 4 they had swimming lessens. I would pick them up from school when it ended at 11:30. We would go to the pool and eat the girls would eat their lunch while waiting for their turn to go in the pool. We usually went to red mango after the swimming lessons. I would feed them at what ever time works best for your schedule.

7. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

I would also move dinner up just to have a bit more time and not be rushed, then plan on them needing a snack after.