Realizing they can trick people

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by miss_bossy18, Apr 1, 2014.

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So the girls are attempting their first "switch" today at school since it's April Fools Day. It was their idea but I may or may not have encouraged them which I may or may not regret down the road. ;) When did your ID twins realize they could pull one over on people?

2. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

My fraternal girls have done this a few times this year in school. They wear exactly the same thing, have their hair the same way. The thing is apart from that they don't look alike. They have different eye colour and one has curly hair and one is a little taller. They have tricked a few people though. They think they are so funny! One of the perks of being a twin.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Royce told my husband "your shoe's are untied" but my husband was wearing crocs. 

4. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I still remember the time I was teaching (9th graders), i had a girl who was an identical twin.  She was absent one day, next day she was back I made her take a make up up. Following day she comes in and asked to take the test.  Her sister was the one who took the test the day before. 

1 person likes this.
  5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

We talked about today and how they probably wouldn't get away with switching classrooms!  LOL  (Like my sister and I did once.) 

6. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had a set of 5 year olds who told me if I couldn't tell them apart they didn't have to listen to me. I whipped out a picture of us and said I was a twin so tough. They were speechless. I suck at telling twins apart but I'm not gonna tell them that.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My boys confuse each other in photos all the time, but it hasn't occurred to them yet that they can switch out. I honestly don't think they'd get away with it.. their personalities and voices are so different, they wouldn't trick anyone who knows them for very long. It's funny that was one of my concerns when I found out I was having ID twins. I do not, however, plan to ever give them more ideas to cause trouble. I might not even tell them April fool's day exists.

8. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I told my boys to take advantage of april fools day and go into each others classroom.  Nicholas would have but Seamus said absolutely not.