Reaction to vaccinations?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by karingillin, Mar 27, 2009.

1. karingillin

karingillin Active Member

Just wondering if anyone else's babies were fussier after their 1 year vaccinations? My babies have always been pretty happy, easy-going babies and the past week have been much more fussy and clingy since getting their shots. Today my DS has a bit of a fever and just wants to be held, DD has a runny nose. The doctor said we may see fevers about a week or so after the shots, but I wasn't expecting all the fussiness. If it continues I'm going to call the Pediatrician, but am just wondering if some of this is normal. Thanks!

2. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

We had reactions, but not until the expected 7-10 day range. Though I did drug them (tylenol) immediately after their shots because they had 5 and really tensed up for them making them bleed like crazy, and bruise.

3. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

Mine were always tireder & a bit clingy after shots. I used Tylenol & it helped us.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I don't remember a reaction at 12 months, but we did have a reaction after 15 months for Meara. She had a slight fever, but have a huge welt on her arm. Pedi said Motrin to reduce inflammation. If you are concerned call your pedi to make sure its a normal reaction. :hug:

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would definitely recommend to call your pedi if you are concerned about the reaction. When mine were newborns, they would sleep the day away after shots and as they got older, they would clingy and feverish the day of the shots and the day after. We give Tylenol every 4 hours.

6. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

We definitely had a reaction like the one you are describing. AND 7 days later on the dot we had a rash/fever just like the handout described.