Quick hello 1 month after my babies arrived

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ExpectingTwins 7-31-07, Aug 3, 2007.

1. ExpectingTwins 7-31-07

ExpectingTwins 7-31-07 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. In 2 days my babies will be 1 month old. That went by so fast. Caitlin is such a great babies. She eats every 4 hours and sleeps most of the time. She never cries unless she is hungry. You could not a ask for a better baby. She was 6lbs even at birth and now she is 6lbs. 13oz.

Vincent is the complete opposite. He also eats every 4 hours, but he likes to stay awake like he is going to miss something. He has this high pitched cry that really gets to be annoying at times. He will screech out for no reason at all. His doctor said it is just bacause he is being a boy. He has been putting onweight well. He was 3lbs. 11oz at birth and now he is 5lbs.

It is nice to finally get around again. I was on bedrest for months and I had severe pain in my right leg most of my pregnancy. As soon as they were born the pain was gone. Now I am still trying to heal from my emergency c-section. It has been a little harder than I expected, but as long as I have my medications in me I am ok.

I was breastfeeding, but since I do not have time to eat until DH comes home around 4pm I have started to dry up. I am lucky if I have enough to b/f 1 of the babies each day. I am really sad about that since they were feeding so well. The lactation nurse said I was lucky that they both took right to b/feeding.

I am going to post some pictures of my little blessings.
    Take care and I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and delivery.

Got Twins?
    Caitlin & Vincent
    Sleeping babies
    Caitlin
    Vincent

2. erinmichelleb

erinmichelleb Well-Known Member

So cute! Congratulations!!!

3. tmschefke

tmschefke Well-Known Member

They are so cute! Glad to here that they are growing so fast. Are they growing out of clothes already?

4. ExpectingTwins 7-31-07

ExpectingTwins 7-31-07 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TrinaP @ Aug 3 2007, 10:17 AM) [snapback]356186[/snapback]
    They are so cute! Glad to here that they are growing so fast. Are they growing out of clothes already?

Yes, they both could fit in preemie clothes at birth. Now they are in newborns.

5. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

You could go over to the bf board if you want some tips on increasing your milk supply.... Eating every 4 hours isn't really the ideal schedule for keeping up your milk supply... bf babies usually need to eat every 2-3 hours, especially at those small sizes. If you want to increase your supply you will definitely need to force yourself to eat...get easy to grab foods..drink lots of water, just have several glasses sitting around wherever you feed the babies. And nurse them like crazy. I had low milk supply with my twins...my dd did quit on me at 7 weeks, she just screamed and screamed if I put her anywhere near my breast! But I got my ds switched to ebf... I did have to work like crazy to get my supply up even just for him. I did nursing marathons and just nursed him as much as he wanted for as long as I could stand it... then I'd give him just enough formula to give myself a bit of a break... then I'd nurse him again as long as I could. Soreness was not a problem b/c his latch was just fine. I've found with all my kids that if you are getting sore it's more b/c of latch than b/c you are letting them nurse too long.

I also ate oatmeal every day...and I took fenugreek... I can't say scientifically that they worked, but my supply did increase...not overnight, but over several weeks... And I was able to ebf him until a year old.

Don't feel bad about formula feeding...I've had to do it with all my kids, and there are definite benefits to it as well.. But if you are really, super bummed about the bf, then you should know that there are these things you can do to increase your supply. I wish someone would have told me this for my first dd. Again, I encourage nursing marathons versus pumping to get your supply up.. it's more natural and way more effective to pull up your supply. Plus I always hated pumping, and couldn't get much out anyway..so I have a personal prejudice against it!!

Ultimately whatever you choose, decide to feel good about it. Make your number one priority to enjoy your babies...if bf is getting in the way of that then don't feel bad about giving it up or only doing it occasionally... If bf makes you feel like you are enjoying your babies more, then go for it and don't give up... I started moving my ds over to ebf at 7 weeks... so 1 month is not too late at all.. as long as you have any milk whatsoever you can pull up your supply...it all depends on how much you want to make it happen.

Congrats! and enjoy those babies!

6. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

your babies are so cute!! Glad to hear that they are growing well...I wish you lots of luck with bfing, and i hope that your supply will increase for you :hug99:

7. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

They are so cute!!!! Congratulations!!!!

8. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Adorable! They are just beautiful. :)

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Your twins are beautiful! Thanks for keeping us updated and sharing pictures.

10. jesstheca

jesstheca Well-Known Member

Beautiful babies! I adore their dark hair. I always wanted babies with dark hair but considering my dh has red hair and I'm light brown...yeah right.

11. becky5

becky5 Guest

Beautiful babies with beautiful dark hair!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

12. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

Your babies are cutie pies. It is nice to hear from you. Time does fly. It seems like you just had them. Enjoy them and take care.

13. stbmo4

stbmo4 Well-Known Member

They are beautiful! The time sure does go by quickly doesn't it? We have our 1 month check up next Friday 8/10; I will post an update then.

Take care,
    Jen

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Stephanie-they are gorgeous!!!

15. kmob82

kmob82 Well-Known Member

awww, very precious and great pictures!

16. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

They are just beautiful. I cannot wait (after they're done cooking) to have my babies :).

17. Shasta

Shasta Well-Known Member

They are too cute!!!

18. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

They are absolutely precious!! I cant' get over that dark hair and those big dark eyes...they are so cute!@