Question for the former hospital bedrest moms

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Babies4Susan, May 23, 2008.

1. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

My DD's eat very well, they will try pretty much anything and eat it if they are in the mood to eat. But the one thing I have tried over, and over, and over again are eggs, and they will not eat them. No eggs ever.

So I got to thinking, when I was on hospital bedrest with the horrible hospital food, I was given disgusting omelets 5 of 7 mornings a week. Not a yummy omelet with veggies, but a yucky omelet with American cheese melted between it, usually lukewarm at best. Some mornings it made me just want to gag looking at it, never mind trying to get it down. I still haven't recovered and I never eat eggs for breakfast, even though I know what I would make would be much more appetizing.

So do you think my DD's inherited this distaste for eggs from "our" hospital bedrest experience? Or am I still sub-consciously sending them anti-eggs messages since I won't eat them? :rofl:

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(Babies4Susan @ May 23 2008, 09:16 AM) [snapback]789367[/snapback]
    Or am I still sub-consciously sending them anti-eggs messages since I won't eat them? :rofl:

:laughing: I think it's just the texture of eggs that some kids don't like. The twins love them, Josh won't eat them, and my older kids are just now starting to like them.

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I didn't have eggs much while on bedrest. My two will eat eggs every now and then, they don't love them, but don't hate them either.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

My hospital had fantastic food (my friend who was also on bedrest there called it the spa!), but Meara doesn't like eggs. Ana LOVES them, but Meara just picks them up and then drops them back on the tray or floor. I think Becky is right about the texture.

5. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

I just had to say I hated the eggs at our hospital, too!! They were horrible and yes, served every other day. Yuck!! :rolleyes:

That said, however, I still enjoy eggs.

6. stephe

stephe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about your theory Susan :lol: There could be something to it :)

While I was on Hospital bedrest I would order the French Toast almost every morning and my boys love some French Toast now :)

They are not too keen on chicken and I couldn't stomach chicken while pregnant. Just the thought of it would make me gag for some reason?

7. leticiasnow

leticiasnow Well-Known Member

I ate tons of eggs while I was pregnant with my first ds and with the twins, and only my twins will eat them. I don't think it has anything to do with it. I did read somewhere a while back that they get used to what you eat while pregnant, but I hate tons of brocolli with ds and he won't pick up one veggie.

8. jfelix

jfelix Well-Known Member

I didn't eat much of anything when I was in the hospital. I tried and tried to get food down, but lost 2 pounds during my 5 week stay. Now I can't get my girls to eat much. They are very small, and they are just not interested in food. There could be a link b/wn the hospital stay and eating patterns. I had never thought of that before.

9. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

None of my kiddos will eat eggs and I love them and ate them all the time on bedrest.