Question for mothers of twins?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by JVC0625, Jun 8, 2007.

1. JVC0625

JVC0625 Well-Known Member

How many weeks were you when you delivered your babies? I know that twins often come early, just curious what the "average" time is. I am 3 months with twins and interested in all things twin-related! And wondering about when I could start to expect my sweet babies to make an entrance. Thanks!

2. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

I went 38 weeks and 1 day. Pretty much "full" term for twins. Good Luck to you. :D

3. LB

LB Well-Known Member

went to 33 wks 5 days and was on bedrest about 2 weeks before that.

4. gracyngarrett0905

gracyngarrett0905 Well-Known Member

I went 32 weeks. They had to stay in the NICU for 2 1/2 weeks. They were both good sizes @ 5.3 and 4.13 1/2.

5. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I was 35 weeks and 3 days. My guys were very healthy and weighed both just over 5 lbs. They had no NICU time.

Anytime you have questions, please feel free to come and ask away!!

6. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

We were scheduled for a planned C-section at exactly 35 weeks. My DD spent 16 days in the NICU and my DS spent 12 days in the NICU. My pregnancy and their NICU were some stressful times, but both are very healthy now and doing well. Good luck! :)

7. stacyw

stacyw Well-Known Member

I was 34 weeks 2 days. They were 4.10 and 4.8. They were only in the NICU for three days.

8. Hillybean

Hillybean Well-Known Member

35 Weeks 5 days here. Girls were 4.5 and 4.11 - no NICU time

9. Phia713

Phia713 Well-Known Member

I went to 35 weeks and 2 days. The girls only spent 4 days in NICU before coming home.

10. caba

caba Banned

I went to 36 weeks 3 days ... No full bed rest, but towards the end I was on meds to control contractions and had to "take it easy". My son was 5lbs 8oz and my daughter was 5lbs ... no NICU time.

Good luck!

11. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

39 weeks 2 days...vaginally no NICU time and home in 3 days.

12. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I made it to 36 weeks! Welcome to TS!

13. Shannon123

Shannon123 Well-Known Member

I went 34w 3d and the babies and I spent 3 days in the hospital. No ICU time but they did spend their first nite in intermediate care to make sure they could eat. The next day they were brought to my room and we spent the next two days in the hospital and than we were all released home. They weighed 4lb14oz and 4lb12oz at birth and dropped slightly before being released home.

14. Melina

Melina Well-Known Member

34w1d. NICU details are in my signature.

15. ksugal

ksugal Well-Known Member

This is my first time posting on TS! Used the website all throughout my pg, though.

I went 37 weeks. They were perfect!

16. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

They were born at 38 weeks 2 days. I had a scheduled c section. There was no sign of them coming either. I always wonder how long I could have gone if I did not have a csection!

17. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

38/1 CSEC.. 2 days before i was begging to have them.. i was done.. toast if you will.. welcome.. i love ts

18. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

36 weeks
    But had lots of preterm labor scares!

19. kajulie

kajulie Well-Known Member

I had mine via scheduled C section at 37 weeks exactly. This is technically full term. No NICU time.

20. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

My girls were born 34 weeks exactly via c-section. I started having preterm contractions between 24 and 25 weeks, went into preterm labor at 30 weeks and somehow managed (with hospitalization, medication, and strict bedrest) to hang on until 34 weeks. They were 3lbs 9oz and 3lbs 10oz and spent 2 weeks in the NICU. -Leighann

21. knorts

knorts Well-Known Member

36 weeks exactly--they were 5 lbs. 15 ounces each and spent no time in NICU.

22. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

I went to 34 weeks 2 days. Preterm labor and then emergency c-section. The girls were 3 lbs 3 oz and 3 lbs 12 oz. Spent 3 weeks in hospital, part NICU part step-up as growers/feeders. One had really premature lungs, but that was the only problem.

Good luck on this pregnancy and welcome to TS.

23. jessapendry

jessapendry Well-Known Member

I went to 35.5 weeks w/ emergency c-section. I was scheduled for the c-section on Feb 27th, water broke on Feb 15th @ 4:30 am. My contractions were 3 minutes apart on the way to the hospital (25 min away). I delivered at 7:04 & 7:05 via c-section. I had a very uneventful pregnancy no complication until delivery. No bed rest. Girls also had no NICU time. They came into my room from the nursery that afternoon, as soon as I was out of recovery. Kaylee wieghed 5 lbs 14 oz, Sarah was 4 lbs 7 oz.

Both are doing great!
    Jess

24. Trillian

Trillian Well-Known Member

38 weeks here!

25. becky5

becky5 Guest

37 weeks, after 9 weeks of bedrest, no nicu!

26. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

27. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

I delivered at 39 weeks and 1 day. I was shotting for 40 weeks but my blood pressure went up so the doctor wanted me to deliver. I had a c-section because baby b was breech, so it was safer. I also worked up until the day before I delivered. :)

28. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

I was induced at 37.5 weeks. They kept threatening to come early and I was on "rest" for much the second half of my pregnancy, but then they got comfy! I'm sure I could have gone longer but my doctor's policy is to induce by 38 weeks at the maximum. I gained 38 lbs during the pregnancy and my back really bothered me for the last several months. My first 19 weeks are a nauseaus blurr! My labour was excellent - I gave birth vaginally and I wouldn't change a thing about that day. Good luck to you! Take care of yourself and don't over do it.

29. OctoberBabies

OctoberBabies Well-Known Member

I was 36 weeks exactly and went into labor on my own. They were both approximately 6 lbs. with no nicu time.

30. I delivered 37 weeks 5 days, they weighed 5# 14 ozs. and 5# 11 ozs. No NICU time!!!! I was on 18 weeks of bedrest with 5 weeks of that in the hospital. :(

31. MommyMeleah

MommyMeleah Well-Known Member

I was induced at 36wk 1d due to preeclampsia. I delivered at 36w 2d - vaginally. The were both vertex so I pushed them out!

32. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

I was 37 weeks and 6 days...so, 38 weeks, basically when my water broke! It hurt the whole pregnancy, but looking back I am so happy that I was able to hold them so long. Good luck to you and enjoy the journey!!

jen

33. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Exactly 38 weeks. Planned c-section (baby A was breech).

34. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

36 weeks on the dot - a week before my scheduled c-section. Good weights 6.2 and 6.4 and NO nicu time!!!! Yeah!!!

35. kini27

kini27 Active Member

I delivered at 37 weeks 2 days, both babies very healthy, no NICU time, born at 5.8 oz, and 5.13 oz.
    I was not on Bed Rest at all, but was on special meds to contral premature contractions at about 33 weeks.
    Hope your pregnancy goes well!