Question about TTTS and bedrest

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ferfischer, Jul 6, 2007.

1. ferfischer

ferfischer Well-Known Member

OK - so I'm doing bedrest and Boost drinks.

For those of you who have done this - what did bedrest mean for you? What did you do? What did you not do? What did you do that made no difference? When things got worse if you weren't so "good" with the bedrest, what did that look like?

Does that make any sense? I just want to understand what I should and shouldn't do.

I can't tell you how much it helps to have people here who understand. Thank you.

Jenny

2. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Bed rest for me was laying on my left side in bed. I was allowed bathroom breaks and a quick shower every couple of days. I was on bedrest for PTL, so perhaps my restrictions were a bit more than what you might need. I followed orders strictly so I have no clue what would have happened if I had not been so good about bedrest.

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(FirstTimeMom814 @ Jul 6 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]320169[/snapback]
    Bed rest for me was laying on my left side in bed. I was allowed bathroom breaks and a quick shower every couple of days. I was on bedrest for PTL, so perhaps my restrictions were a bit more than what you might need. I followed orders strictly so I have no clue what would have happened if I had not been so good about bedrest.

I had the same type as Trish and didn't deviate from it at all. My bedrest was for PTL and bloodpressure/heartrate issues. I would think that you would want to take it as easy as possible. It certainly can't hurt! I would call your doctor to be sure. And ask him specific questions...can I take a 10 minute shower everyday? Can I fix my own quick meals? Things like that.

4. ualderaj

ualderaj Member

QUOTE(FirstTimeMom814 @ Jul 6 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]320169[/snapback]

What is the Boost drinks for? Isn't the only thing you can do for TTTS is surgery?

5. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

mommymomo- if you read Jenny's other post on TTTS you will read all the good advice that other TTTS mommies have given her. Plus the advice of doctors who treat TTTS..apparently there has been good success in drinking this protein drink that helps the babies to grow appropriately...plus staying well hydrated helps to keep the fluid levels up for the babies... her other thread was about two links down from this one when I last looked.

Jenny- glad you are taking it easy....I think I'd be as strict as you possibly can be for as long as you can do it. Hopefully you'll get good news next week.