Question about Braxton Hicks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ExpectingTwins 7-31-07, May 5, 2007.

1. ExpectingTwins 7-31-07

ExpectingTwins 7-31-07 Well-Known Member

When you have BH does your entire stomach get hard as a rock or only where the uterus is? sometimes my stomach gets hard and uncomfortable, but there will be a spot or two that is not hard. I am just trying to figure out if I am having BH and don't even realise it. TIA!

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

With mine it would feel like a tightening from my back to front, covering pretty much my whole stomach. If you poke your stomach while you aren't having one it will feel kind of mushy, and when you are having one it will feel hard and tight.

3. ~Kamie~

~Kamie~ Well-Known Member

I've had a little of both. I think BH are usually more in the front than sides. However it could be the babies pushing against you if there is a bump (I get this almost every contraction) which brings on a hardening of the whole uterus-or mostly all of it.. it's stayed for the msot part above my belly button.
    My Dr said to count those 'bump' ones as contractions.

4. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

My BH have gotten stronger and stronger but when I first started getting them it seemed like they were always in the same spot. The right side of my stomach would turn into a ball, and sometimes across the top of my uterus. Now that same spot turns into a huge ball and that's where I can mostly feel it but if I touch the other side it is hard too. So I think what you are experiencing is a pretty normal BH.

5. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

Mine always were the whole belly getting hard..from top to bottom... but I've read in books where it has described bh ctx as only a partial ctx of part of the belly...one side or the other...so I think you could be experiencing a ctx...in general it's a tightening of some sort that comes and goes in waves....