question about bday party for twins in seperate classes

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by someone, Jul 22, 2012.

1. someone

someone Well-Known Member

How do you go about having birthday parties for your twins when they are in seperate classes? do you have one big party with both classes or two smaller parties or just a few kids from each? just thinking about this and wondering what others do.

2. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

The rule at their school is that you must invite the entire class. Because of this, I will not do parties until the are older.

I'd be looking at 30+ kids and there is no way I could afford that.

When they are older, I will have them pick 3 or 4 friends each to invite.

3. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

We have summer bday parties. We are doing one party this year (first friend party). They each invited their favorite friends from each of their classes. They each invited about half their class.

4. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

My boys are in seperate classes and also have the rule that you have to invite the entire class. Last year we just did friends outside of school. It will be the same this year. Although I do invite one child from their school who is not in their room because I know the mother and they play with the boy.

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

This is what we did too. Because we didn't invite everyone in both classes I had to send the invites outside of school. I also told the girls not to talk about the party because they didn't want to make anyone sad about not being invited. They totally got this because each went to separate parties throughout the year, and had experienced not being invited to a party.

6. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Mine have always been in separate classes, and up through K, we would invite the entire class for both boys--honestly, there were never more than 25 kids, and we went to places that could easily accommodate the number--like Chuck E. Cheese, and went at off times when it was less money. For 1st and 2nd, they only invited the boys from their classes (that is allowed at school--same sex), and the past 2 years, it has been a select few--this year they only invited about 14 kids between the 2 of them, and only 9 came.

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

We just had the twins' birthday party today. Clayton invited all the boys in his class and Audrey invited all the girls in hers. Two girls showed up and a set of b/g twins were no-shows. There are not set rules at their school I guess. I talked to the teachers about it and sent invites the 2nd to last day of school.