QotD

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Okay, let's start a game. Question of the day!

Every morning, somebody (whoever) can post the question of the day and throughout the day we can answer and discuss. The next morning, it changes. It can be trivial, serious, or anything you'd like it to be. Keep them in this thread and let's see how long it goes. :)

October 15th-
    Do you eat breakfast? 

I don't typically eat breakfast. For some reason, I get really sick to my stomach if I try to eat before I've been up and at 'em for a few hours. I do munch on dry Wheat Chex, though. People who don't know me (guests in my office) have asked me if I'm pregnant. When I say no it's usually "Oh! Sorry! My wife did that when she was pregnant to fight the nausea."

2. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Non-pregnant me is similar to you. I have to be up for a little bit before eating. I am a coffee drinker though. (Half-cafe and only one cup these days!)

But pregnant me wakes up starving! I've been eating a lot of PB&J in the morning lately. I really don't like most typical breakfast foods, so sometimes I eat leftovers. And occasionally cereal. 

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

If I think of it, I'll eat a yogurt, or a bowl of cereal, or a piece toast. Never enough. I love breakfast, but I'm not willing to wake up any earlier than I already do on work days.

4. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Because I'm still bf'ing part time I have to eat something. But I've cut back to just an orange or an apple. I used to skip breakfast altogether.

5. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I eat breakfast every day! I'm not real creative though. The last few years I've been stuck on Special K with 1% milk. For years and years before the Special K, I always had Honey Nut Cheerios. I can't even imagine not having breakfast before my day gets started! It's part of my morning routine!

6. ECUBitzy

Paul eats a hot breakfast every morning. Does anybody else find that crazy?? I can't imagine sacrificing sweet sleep for food at 6:45am. Odd one I married..

7. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Always eat breakfast. Usually cereal or oatmeal. Sometimes a muffin from Starbucks.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes!  I have to eat breakfast or I get cranky.  No one wants to see me without breakfast.
    I'll eat cereal, oatmeal, or make my favorite-plain greek yogurt with a tsp of peanut butter, a banana and a little tiny bit of cereal on top.

9. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I always have breakfast with the kids, usually cereal and fruit and yoghurt; now that I am pregnant hot oatmeal is the only thing I can keep down in the mornings.

A relaxed Sunday breakfast with fresh rolls, muffins, fruit etc. is my favourite luxury.

10. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, every morning I must eat breakfast or by the time I get to work I'm miserable. I usually have a muffin made out of medifast pancakes with some coffee.

11. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, and sometimes I have two breakfasts. One at 5 and one at 8:30.

12. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

No breakfast here, not even while pregnant.    But I do eat cereal at night, does that count??

13. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Had to come back and correct myself.  It's just an orage/apple on work days.  On weekends, I do have waffles with the kids.  And it's funny that I should forget that today since I took the day off and had just been talking to Vivi about making waffles.  I think I left my brain at work on Friday.

14. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes and like Paul its a hot breakfast. My current rut is 2 eggs over hard (1 yolk though) on 1 slice of bread. I've been eating it for probably 2 years now.

15. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Yes I eat breakfast, but it is something simple and quick because I eat it in the car.  A english muffin with peanut butter, toast, mini bagel or something like that.  I refuse to get up earleir to eat a better breakfast.

16. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

I haven't been since the boys' started school because I'm so busy getting everyone up and out the door. That's not really an excuse though, I'm just lazy. I need to be making something for everyone instead of cereal or quick muffins for the boys. My goal is to make some breakfast burritos to store in the freezer for Jon and then make a healthy breakfast for me and the kids every morning. But sweet baby Jesus that means getting up at like, 5:30 and I don't waaaaannnaa.... 

In short. No. :lol:

17. southernmommy

southernmommy Well-Known Member

I may eat breakfast but its usually 4 hours or so after I wake up. I've never been able to eat first thing in the morning.

18. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If I don't eat within about two hours of waking my blood sugar crashes and I'm pretty much useless for the rest of the day. For me, breakfast needs to include some fat and protein as well so usually hard boiled or scrambled eggs or Greek yogurt, some fruit or a slice of toast with a nut butter. I'm also really enjoying quinoa porridge these days. So yummy and filling! All that being said, since the girls have started school, breakfast has been scaled way back on week days and we're all less happy for it. I really need to get moving earlier so we can get back to more filling breakfasts.

19. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I have a granola bar.

20. ECUBitzy

on your face?

21. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I always eat breakfast, usually a thin bagel with jam.  I usually wait until I get the kids to school and can sit down for a few minutes, then I will eat while checking in here and elsewhere on the computer.

22. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am the same as you, Steph. I can't eat first thing in the morning, especially gummy carbs.

23. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Rarely will I eat breakfast.  Ocassionally I wake up starving and eat a bowl of honey nut cheerios, but that's pretty rare.  I need sleep more than I need food in the mornings ;)

24. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Most days yes. Always coffee but usually a yogurt and fruit or oatmeal to go with it:)

25. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

The kids and I eat breakfast every morning. It's my favorite part of the day! I usually make them toast, bagels, or heat up frozen pancakes or waffles. Add in some fruit for them as well. Me - usually some cereal and fruit.

26. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I have to eat breakfast.  If I don't, I get really sick on my stomach an hour or two later and am sick the rest of the day.  On weekdays, it's usually something quick like a protein bar or an English muffin (something I can eat while getting ready and trying to get the kids ready).  On weekends or days off, I usually do cereal or oatmeal.

27. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I have to eat something.  Some days it is a handful of almonds and a cup of coffee.  Some days I drink a protein fruit smoothie.  About once a week I will bake some eggs.  Most days though, it is the almonds.  If I don't eat something within the hour of waking up, I will be nauseous.

28. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

usually a bowl of cereal or a yogurt or something…sometimes I make pancakes, eggs and bacon on Sunday mornings or we'll have that for dinner

29. Code

Code Well-Known Member

99% of the time no. When I'm at my parents house some Sunday's Dad will make bacon and eggs and depending on the time I'll eat it. I can't eat early otherwise I feel nauseated.

30. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

October 16

Do you use hair conditioner?

31. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Yes. I sometimes use conditioner and not shampoo. I cannot imagine what horrors would befall my thick, curly, longish, and very dry hair without it.

1 person likes this.
  32. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Yes. Without conditioner my hair is a frizzy mess.

33. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, without conditioner, I would not be able to get a comb through my hair.  Even with it, I still have to use detangling spray.
    Gotta love curly hair.

34. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Yes, but I have to force myself to eat. My typical morning goes glass of lemon water, coffee, and then about an hour later I can eat, usually oatmeal, or something similar. Not a morning person and do not like to eat upon waking.

35. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Oops, I am on the wrong day. Told you I'm not a morning person!

Conditioner daily. Hair is unmanageable without it.