pumping

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by pretty girl, Mar 9, 2015.

1. pretty girl

pretty girl Well-Known Member

Is pumping for twins possible? Is it harder than with just a singleton? It would just be pumping no babies to breast

2. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

It is possible!  I was able to pump for 10 months.  The only reason I stopped then was that I was getting lazy and dropped one too many pumping sessions... I took a huge hit in supply that never recovered.  Six pumping sessions (every 4 hours, day and night) was my magic number.  I did put the babies to breast in the beginning so that may have helped establish my supply.

3. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Is there a reason you only want to pump instead of directly breastfeeding?    Anything is doable, it is just a question of the time involved.  I mostly pumped when my girls were newborns.  I started when they were in the NICU.  

4. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Totally possible!  I did a little of everything (nursing, pumping, formula feeds), and it worked for us.  Good luck!!

6. pretty girl

pretty girl Well-Known Member

I don't really want a lecture on my choice to not put babies to breast so I'd rather not say

7. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I pumped with my twins, but not for very long. I think the key is not getting lazy with the pumping sessions. (I did.)
    There have been a few moms here who exclusively pumped with their twins, so it's doable!