Protein Shakes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Haverbury, May 20, 2008.

1. Haverbury

Haverbury Member

I was reading a string about what the best protein shake was to drink and I figured I would send a note to all of you ladies out there who are trying to keep protein levels up. There is now an Ensure High Protein drink that has some extra protein in it. I think the regular Ensure has about 9 grams of protein and the High Protein drink has 12... I prefer the Creamy Milk Chocolate Flavor - COLD and shaken really well.
    In addition, Zone bars have 14 grams of protein in them and are a great snack - at least the fudge graham flavor. They are very filling and have lots of protein, calcium and fiber.

I am 27 weeks with mono/di girls and have been drinking the Ensure High Protein from the start and have had no problems so far. I am going to keep going with that and hopefully we won't see any signs of TTTS!

Just thought that a lot of you could use this info!

2. 2forjoy

2forjoy Active Member

GOOD LUCK MOOMY!! :banana: KEEP UP WITH TH E GOOD WORK! I WILL ALSO RECOMMEND EATING FARMER'S CHEESE IF IT HELPS WITH PROTEIN! BEING A STRICT VEGGIE I ALWAYS AM AT THE LOOK OUT FOR MORE PROTEINS, I AM IN MY 23 WEEK AND EXPECTING FRATERNAL TWINS DON'T KNOW THEIR SEX BUT KNOW THAT THEY ARE COMPLETELY IN DIFF SACS! I PREFER BOOST PROTEIN SHAKES OVER ENSURE, ALSO U GET THIS PROTEIN POWDER FROM SPIRUTINE FROM NATURE FOOD I THINK.. U CAN PICK IT UP FROM MRS GREEN ! OR VITAMIN SHOPPE!

HAPPY AND SAFE PREGNANCY!
    :) :hug99: QUOTE(Christine+2 @ May 20 2008, 11:42 AM) [snapback]783220[/snapback]
    I was reading a string about what the best protein shake was to drink and I figured I would send a note to all of you ladies out there who are trying to keep protein levels up. There is now an Ensure High Protein drink that has some extra protein in it. I think the regular Ensure has about 9 grams of protein and the High Protein drink has 12... I prefer the Creamy Milk Chocolate Flavor - COLD and shaken really well.
    In addition, Zone bars have 14 grams of protein in them and are a great snack - at least the fudge graham flavor. They are very filling and have lots of protein, calcium and fiber.

I am 27 weeks with mono/di girls and have been drinking the Ensure High Protein from the start and have had no problems so far. I am going to keep going with that and hopefully we won't see any signs of TTTS!

Just thought that a lot of you could use this info!

3. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

I prefer the chocolate Ensures too. . . We were diagnosed with Stage 1 TTTS at 21 weeks, and I honestly think my malnutrition (had awful m/s) played a part in our symptoms. There's research info from Dr. DeLia online (I think you can access it at the TTTS Foundation site) about malnourishment in the mother and TTTS. It's interesting stuff for those of us at risk.

Keep up your good health! That's awesome!

4. davispigeon

davispigeon Active Member

So...how do you stop your protein shake "snack" from filling you up too much? I get so full on those that I can't eat real food for hours afterwards. Or will that change as my twins get bigger and gobble up more cals?

5. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

I drink the boost high protein.. they have 15 grams each.. and I love the special K bars.. they have 10-12 grams each.. its not so bad to get the extra protein in.. not as hard as I expected.

BTW.. for those that don't know. if you email the boost company they will send you coupons.. and then if you call them monthly they send you another coupon every month.