protein shakes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by toni4veka, Aug 31, 2011.

1. toni4veka

toni4veka Active Member

Ladies,I want to start with protein shakes.I eat food with protein,drink yogurt but I want also shakes.
    Can you tell me which one you took?
    Thank you
    Warmly,
    Vesna

2. ~Christine~

~Christine~ Well-Known Member

I would talk with your doctor about this, they have lots of tips :) I got approval to take casein shakes (casein is in milk, so i mixed chocolate casein with milk at night, 8oz )

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I drank Boost. I liked the chocolate ones the best. I would put them in the freezer for awhile (not so long that they freeze), but I thought they tasted better when they were cold. :good: In fact when I was on hospital bedrest they gave me a Boost shake at each meal, yep 3 a day.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I drank Boost too. I agree- chocolate, very cold, was best. I drank them when I was out more than an hour and needed a snack.

5. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I chose to make my own protein shakes. I didn't like that Boost and Ensure had added vitamins (since I was already eating fairly healthy and taking a prenatal vitamin). You can buy protein powder at a health food store, then mix with whatever you'd like. My preferred drink while pregnant was 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, 1 scoop vanilla ice cream, 1 T chia seeds, 1 banana, 2 T peanut butter, 1/4 c canned pumpkin. Sounds gross I'm sure, but it was super yummy and provided protein, fat, and nutrients.

1 person likes this.
  6. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I drank chocolate soy protien shakes that I got at Sam's club, it was a powder and I mixed it with milk.