Protein Shakes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Chrijodo, May 5, 2010.

1. Chrijodo

Chrijodo Well-Known Member

Which protein/nutritional shake was your favorite? Anyone know which one has the highest amount of protein?

I have a major aversion to meat this pregnancy and they recommend I get 176 g of protein a day.. I'm NO WHERE close to that.. so I need to find some supplements to start taking

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used to drink the Boost drinks. I thought they were pretty good too. I would put them in the freezer so they got really cold, but didn't let them get frozen. :good: I liked chocolate the best.

3. MsTasha

MsTasha Well-Known Member

I drink the ensure High Protein, I usually get vanilla because my doc still reccomends keeping caffeine intake low, so I use it on chocolate that tastes really good instead of drinks LOL

4. tracilynn

tracilynn Well-Known Member

I bought some Plain whey protein powder from GN.C. It has 30g protein per scoop and I add it to milk which has I think an additonal 8 or 9g protein. I buy the plain vanilla and usually drink it that way but you can add in banana or peanut butter or chocalate etc to play with flavors.

5. Sandy005

Sandy005 Well-Known Member

I have had the Chocolate Boost and it has 15 grams of protein and they are pretty yummy in my opinion. I did see some at our local Costco (like Sam's club) that had 30 grams of protein, I about got them, but decided not too. I eat a lot of cottage cheese and eggs and when I do any baking I add flaxmeal and wheat germ for more protein.

6. Anneelizz

Anneelizz Active Member

I'm not a big meat eater either. The best shakes I've found are the chocolate Muscle Milk. I usually have one at 5am when I first wake up. They are kind of expensive though. I buy them in bulk at Costco, $27 for a case of 24, otherwise they can be kinda pricey.

7. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

Whey powder in milk for me too, but my favorite was Kashi Go Lean shakes. I've always liked them. And while pregnancy is no time to "go lean," I liked the taste and ingredients, so I used the shakes as an afternoon snack at work.

8. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

I've had both the Boost High Protein and the Ensure High Protein. To me they taste pretty much the same, but the Boost High Protein has more protein in it at 15g. The vanilla is my favorite. Chocolate is ok, but a little too sweet for me sometimes.