protein in urine

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Farrah, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Farrah

Farrah Well-Known Member

Quick question...

This week at my OB appt. I had trace protein in my urine, MD did not seem concerned but I have also had alot of swelling in my feet, legs, and hands. What do you guys think??? My blood pressure is fine at this time but it worries me just a little!!

2. lromansky

lromansky Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2moreontheway @ Jan 17 2009, 01:46 PM) [snapback]1151150[/snapback]
    Quick question...

This week at my OB appt. I had trace protein in my urine, MD did not seem concerned but I have also had alot of swelling in my feet, legs, and hands. What do you guys think??? My blood pressure is fine at this time but it worries me just a little!!

It sounds to me like you have signs of Pre-Eclampsia... just from what I've read. I hope they are going to keep a close eye on you with those symptoms?

3. walker006

walker006 Well-Known Member

I always had some protein in my urine. But blood pressure never raised, so all was fine. I wouldn't worry about if the dr wasn't worried.

4. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

I've been going through the same thing for the past couple of months. I have signs of pre-eclampsia just like what you have discribed. I don't want to scare you because every patient is different, but my OB has kept a close eye on me concentrating on blood pressure, weight gain, swelling, protein in the urine (trace amounts) and he does blood work on me a few times a week. He sent a blood pressure machine home with me so I can take it myself on a daily basis. My weight gain was what has him really worried, I've been gaining way too much each week. He knows it's not because I've been eating too much, because I can't. I had preterm labor at 33 weeks and now that I will be 36 weeks tomorrow he has decided to induce me this week, because he's afraid I will develop pre-eclampsia.
    Learn the symptoms and watch for them. Rest and lots of fluid are always good.
    Best wishes for a happy, healthy twin pregnancy and beyond!! :D :D

5. doublej's

doublej's Well-Known Member

I often have protein in my urine as well, they tell me to drink more water, i try :lol: