Protein in urine

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by rtj, Jun 21, 2010.

1. rtj

rtj Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm almost 29 weeks with di/di twin girls. I had my appt. today and they found protein in my urine but my blood pressure is normal and I don't have any significant swelling. I am nervous because I had HELLP syndrome (acute pre-eclampsia) at the end of my first pregnancy (induced at 37 weeks) and so I'm very nervous about this happening again. My doctor didn't seem particularly concerned and just said to come back at my regular appt in two weeks. She said sometimes the pressure on kidneys can cause it.

Anyone else had this and any other ideas on why it could occur? Meanwhile, I think I'm going to try and do modified bed rest- no more than 1/2 hour on my feet at a time.

Thanks for any advice/insight.

2. Chrissy2010

Chrissy2010 Well-Known Member

Ive had traces of protein in my urine on and off the past few dr appointments. My blood pressure is fine too. My dr doesn't seem concern either.. I have a bad feeling though

3. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I had protein in my urine back around 20 weeks I think. I was +1 at my 16wks appt and close to +2 at my 20wk. Those weeks may be off slightly. But anyway, my doctor had me do a 24hr urine test to be safe. It came back normal. The doctor wasn't concerned at all once he got those results back. If your doctor isn't worried I wouldn't be either.

4. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had protein in my urine towards the end of my pregnancy-my blood pressure was always fine, they never seemed too concerned.
    It must be some what common.

Hopefully all is fine!! :grouphug: