Prominent Bladder

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kaybee711, Dec 1, 2006.

1. kaybee711

kaybee711 Well-Known Member

I had an u/s today. Sam is three pounds and Amelia is 2 lbs 11 oz. They are perfect for size and fluid. I am 29 weeks today. All is great except (there is always one exception) Sam's bladder is prominent. It was prominent at the last u/s but they didn't say anything in hopes that it would be fine this u/s but it is still prominent. The MFM doctor did not know what this could be or what the outcome could be because his kidneys and fluid levels are fine and that usually goes along with the prominent bladder because of a blockage. So everyone please say a prayer for Sam and if you have any information to share, please do so! Thank you! We have an appointment with the pediatric urologist on Wednesday.

2. kaybee711

kaybee711 Well-Known Member

I had an u/s today. Sam is three pounds and Amelia is 2 lbs 11 oz. They are perfect for size and fluid. I am 29 weeks today. All is great except (there is always one exception) Sam's bladder is prominent. It was prominent at the last u/s but they didn't say anything in hopes that it would be fine this u/s but it is still prominent. The MFM doctor did not know what this could be or what the outcome could be because his kidneys and fluid levels are fine and that usually goes along with the prominent bladder because of a blockage. So everyone please say a prayer for Sam and if you have any information to share, please do so! Thank you! We have an appointment with the pediatric urologist on Wednesday.

3. Beth R

Beth R Well-Known Member

Prayers coming your way. I have been having different issues then you but the peri told me if blood flow and fluid levels are good that is the best indication that they are healthy. Let us know what the ped uro says.

Hugs,
    Beth

4. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

That is rather puzzling. In my last pregnancy, my daughter had a large bladder while her sister was showing none (but that was because of TTTS). Obviously, your twins aren't having a problem like that, so it seems strange. I hope you find some answers soon. That's great that his kidneys are looking normal! It could just be something that means nothing and he'll grow out of it. Let us know of any updates. [​IMG]

5. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I hope everything is fine ... let us know what happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Healthy baby vibes coming your way ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~